New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Box Racing
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
My local track just recently started allowing no box racing and ive considered trying it next year,only thing is if only top bulbed with very little footbraking.Just curious how no box works,i know you use a button but thats about it.Do you wire the button only to your linelock,do you have a rev limit when you set the button?Any help is much appreciated!

Posts: 1 | Location: greensboro nc | Registered: July 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No Box here in Div3 is a button attached to the trans brake and 2 step. The driver releases the TB button on the last yellow with the throttle floored.

Some use a blinder to only view the last yellow bulb to aid in better RT in No Box.

I use a bypass plug-in when removing my Delay Box to run the No Box class. I also Blind the tree when racing during the day hours if in No Box.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
There's a lot left out of your post so I'll guess. I guess you're top bulbing in a door car with a transbrake,2 step and a delay box. If so then all you need to do is make a quick disconnect for the delay box which would have a jumper so your transbrake button activates the transbrake and the 2 step directly. This way you can unplug and remove the box when you want to bottom bulb.
Now depending on the track you will need to remove the box. If they don't care all you do is zero the box and go off the bottom. If I was just wanting to try it I would go on a T&T night and zero the box and see how it feels. You need to find a spot and adjust your car and or your button from there.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Topbulb87, are you talking about Piedmont Dragway going to no box?

HR901

Posts: 19 | Location: Goldsboro, NC | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post