DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Odd "news" from Steve Reyes......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odd "news" from Steve Reyes......
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
https://www.dragracecentral.co...CStory.asp?ID=335767

This message has been edited. Last edited by: imakehp,

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Kind of weird since he died Dec, 17 2017...
but still some cool old press to look at...
Bob RIP....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to confirm I wasn't missing something. lol

Steve was offering the photos for sale in the article so maybe that was the reason for the re-release on old news?

Whatever...rip BG

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Great piece of history there. I was fortunate to see these guys race from the 60’s to now. The shows at Fremont Raceway were just awesome! I got to meet some of my Pro Stock hero’s. Really cool. Not worthy

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Funny story (to me at least)....

We were racing at Fremont one year and in those days ProStock ran about any combination cubic inch to weight cars...
NHRA was going around to all the ProStock camps to P&G their engines. Glidden happened to be pitted right across the road from us. They pulled the 2 rocker arms, screwed in the checker and cranked the engine. We hear a loud pop and see the top half of the P&G tool sail into the night air. Someone had pulled the wrong exhaust rocker arm...Nhra calls all the PS guys together for a meeting and tells them "We can't check engine size this weekend, so we'll check everyone next week at OCIR"
Now here's where it gets funny...as we sat in our pit you could hear the impact guns running in all the PS pits as they started unbolting the weight bars...
Next day Fremont got extra famous for being fast...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: imakehp,

Dave

F J B

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Funny story (to me at least)....

We were racing at Fremont one year and in those days ProStock ran about any combination cubic inch to weight cars...
NHRA was going around to all the ProStock camps P&G their engines. Glidden happened to be pitted right across the road from us. They pulled the 2 rocker arms, screwed in the checker and cranked the engine. We hear a loud pop and see the top have of the P7G tool sale into the night air. Someone had pulled the wrong exhaust rocker arm...Nhra calls all the PS guys together for a meeting and tells them "We can't check engine size this weekend, so we'll check everyone next week at OCIR"
Now here's where it gets funny...as we sat in our pit you could hear the impact guns running in all the PS pits as they started unbolting the weight bars...
Next day Fremont got extra famous for being fast...

LMAO!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:

LMAO!

X2!! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post