DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Blood thinners?????
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blood thinners?????
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I understand about Section 3, if you admit that you are on heart/blood meds then you can suffer the consequences and NOT race.
My point is, there is NO medical/physical form REQUIRED for many of the classes so you can just sign and drive.

How is NHRA going to find out that you are on ANY medication unless you tell them?

Don't get me wrong, do I want to see one of my racing friends bleed out at the track for cutting himself, HELL NO.

Roll Eyes

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
But if they do, that’s on them. Why would anyone disclose their medical condition to the NHRA only to be told yiu can’t race? Further, if a physical was required for all classes and racers were disclosing the medications they are taking, stock and super stock fields would be cut in half if not more!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I'm not an EMT but I have been taking 2 meds for a year Plus that are "blood thinners"

My chances of bleeding out from an injury are NO worse than anyone elses at this point in my opnion....

If you cut a major artery or vein or are injured bad enough you can bleed out in 6 minutes regardless of any meds you are taking

Small cuts, scrapes etc do take longer to stop bleeding or DID for a while but it's not as much of a problem now. I keep bandaids handy though and am careful especially with the kitchen knife !

I did trip and hit the sidewalk on a walk back around last May and was scraped up pretty good and had numerous small bleeders but other than looking like a bloody mess coming in my driveway it was no problem

That incident alone prompted me to sell all my stuff, but now I regret doing that immensely sometimes.....

It takes time to recover and some of the "miracle' drugs you might see or hear advertised on TV a lot DO work.....

1 I started taking 3-4 months ago has helped a lot......My test results prove it....

It's really a can or worms and I think NHRA is just covering their liability with this rule

The fact that NHRA dropped the physical requirement is really not a good one....

To many old geezers like myself do NOT go to doctors regularly and sometimes that can be a bad thing

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rather than trust your doctor to make a decision for you to remain healthy, I guess NHRA is thinking they know better?
Maybe... if you have a need to put up with NHRA BS just forego the meds. I guess they would rather have some racer Stroke Out than be using life-extending, legal medications.

I think it's simply a CYA thing for NHRA. They don't really care if you're healthy or not, weather you're stroke out of not. Just as long as they don't incur legal and monetary liability. I think people may be giving NHRA more competency in this matter than they deserve regarding definition, etc.

quote:
My chances of bleeding out from an injury are NO worse than anyone elses at this point in my opnion....

Use caution my friend. I took half and aspirin daily for years, had a tooth extracted and the dentist had to close early (I still have part of a tooth below the gum) due to excessive bleeding. I stopped the aspirin regimen had another tooth extracted some time later and I hardly bled at all.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post