DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    So, I heard Sacramento Raceway had a race?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, I heard Sacramento Raceway had a race?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Is anybody else racing and what are the restrictions?

Posts: 82 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
To the best of my knowledge none of the drag strips (or for that matter any type of race track) are currently allowed to operate in California. This is State mandated by the Governor.

Y'all be safe out there, this virus ain't a joke!

Bob

Posts: 3062 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yup, I heard Sacramento rented there track to a group for a test and tune. The racers wore masks and stayed 6 feet apart.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
To the best of my knowledge none of the drag strips (or for that matter any type of race track) are currently allowed to operate in California. This is State mandated by the Governor.

Y'all be safe out there, this virus ain't a joke!

Bob

It was on Facebook , yes they had a race and TT. That's how I heard about it..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Once again Bob is wrong. I eat hey the show on Facebook and Jesse and crew did a great job!

They went to the county, the state, CDC, and anyone else to get this approved.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Yes they did. Limited to 32 cars (I think) Everyone had to pit 30' apart, no spectators, no coin tosses. they received clearance from local government. Paid 3k to win.

Jesse Adams streamed every round live.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you read my statement I said that "To the best of my knowledge none of the drag strips are currently allowed to operate". This was a 32 car track rental, not a normal event conducted by the Track Ownership.

But for clarity, and I'm man enough to say it, I stand corrected.

OK by you IP Dailey? Must have ruffled your feathers at some point.

Bob

Posts: 3062 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Once again Bob is wrong. I eat hey the show on Facebook and Jesse and crew did a great job!

They went to the county, the state, CDC, and anyone else to get this approved.

? IP, I don’t think Bobs wrong. With everyone else closed down they got approval? I have no doubt they did a great job but is it that important to have this race and put everyone at risk? Why did NHRA postpone their races? They could do the sportsman races with no spectators but the risk is too great. We all want to go racing I get it. I also will not take unnecessary risks. It’s just not that important.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey BP, what's going on with Kyle?

Bob

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Hey BP, what's going on with Kyle?

Bob

? Have no idea track wise. Schedule etc.

Raceless in California!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just asked because I was curious if any of the other tracks were going to attempt this. Now I get that it was restricted but still worked.

Posts: 82 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
BP, I can only speak for one track that canceled their summit race because of insurance reasons. Not sure how Jesse and the guys at Sac got past that but they did.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sacramento's owner has a history of odd behavior. Even if it was "approved" to some extent, I'm certain there was mandatory and notarized releases from all on the property....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4442 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
How are you doing, Bob. Wife and I self quarantined about 3 weeks ago. Except for Doctor appointments.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck:

Spent three days in in Grossmont hospital ICU ($$$ WOW) in mid March, they thought it was the virus, turned out to be phneumnia. Home now feeling better, wife and family are fine, thanks for asking. No place to go, forced to work on the race car.

Stay safe.

Bob

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good news that you are feeling better. Get healthy and just stay home. I have been doing the home car stuff also.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This is from Jesse Adams Facebook page

DRAG RACING.
Long post...beware. But please read.

My personal, non biased observation below:

Positive remarks in the last four days: hundreds.

Negative remarks: 4

So here's where it gets LONG, but it is important:

Like the idea or not I want to give everyone a little information about Thursday & Friday.

It was not a Sacramento Raceway event. It was a private track rental. A limited car count with a 40 car maximum being allowed to attend. The 4-5 tower personnel live together in the same house. All other employees were assigned stations, and stuck to their personal areas and duties.

Most "grouping" seen was people who live together, and are at the same individual pit together.

We submitted a plan to the Sac County Sheriff's department, to the District Supervisor for that area of the county, and to Sac County directly as well. Those entities forwarded our plan to the Sac County CDC. All of them gave us the go ahead to have the outdoor event.

Racers were required to pit a minimum of 20' apart. We regularly announced personal spacing.

Thursday people definitely followed the rules better.
Friday there was a few cars who brought a few more crew than desired and at times, there was more gathering than desired, but we regularly reminded and spread people out over the P.A., in person, and even during my live feed videos I asked people to give each other more space.

We had medical grade Sani Wipes, and I was constantly cleaning surfaces.....I'm talking starter switch, mop and broom handles, water spray nozzles, tower handrails, tractor and equipment grab surfaces, etc. I did tech cards individually, with mask and gloves, threw probably 20 pens away after being touched, and my kid passed out time slips wearing gloves, with a 3' long grabber stick. (The text time slip method proved to be unrealistic at the moment, but we tried). We posted specific safety information on every portable restroom, each restroom door, and on additional hand wash stations brought in.

Ask anyone who was at the event....we were very mindful of the situation. Everyone was there on their own free will, and safer than going to the grocery store, GUARANTEED....or of things of related to racing, even safer than the 10s of thousands of attendees at other events across the country just 3 weeks ago.

Denio's auction is still open 7 days a week (I have heard, but not seen in person). On the radio this morning they are still announcing the large farmer's market under the Highway 50 freeway being open to the public. Again, I GUARANTEE our precautionary measures were wayyyyy more cautious than these other events I mention.

Our snack bar was closed.

Keep in mind that every local motocross track is open right now, extra days even, and not bothering to limit their attendance. My neighbors ride and said there was 100+ bikes at the track on Friday.

Even the STATE OPERATED Prarie City OHV off road park is open for motocross and off roaders.

The fact is, we did our due diligence prior to renting the race track. This was not a secret. Racers are begging for a place to test or race. A few racers who were invited, but not comfortable with the idea simply said "no thankyou", and even appreciated the offer.

I have seen hundreds more positive comments than negative comments. I understand that people may not agree with a race being held. But it's also obvious that many people don't know the preliminary planning, cautions, and steps that were taken to maximize the safety of the people who were begging to get out and test/race.

So from the outside looking in, it may not have seemed like we took any extra precautions. But if you ask some racers who were in attendance, I believe they'll all tell you that we were not reckless.

The Sheriff's Department did in fact show up with 2 patrol cars and a helicopter......literally responding to a call reporting "SHOTS FIRED". Which is absurd for 2 reasons. Reason 1: it's perfectly legal and normal for gunshots to be heard on the track property because it's in a legal area to discharge firearms.
Reason 2: Someone in the closest neighborhood can't tell the difference between gunshots and a bad nitrous tune.

The officers were cordial and even jokingly asked if they could come in and make passes. They were aware of our limited outdoor deal. The helicopter literally watched a solo pass of a 55 Chevy on too much nitrous swap lanes as they hovered above the 1000' mark.

I don't want to argue or create any kind of anger or animosity, or to escalate any Facebook posts.
I'm just simply sharing information with. I hope it helps people understand the situation a little bit better.

More plans and precautions are in the works for another.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Really? My take on this is rules are for those that comply. Then there are those that think if they can find a way to go ahead then they are entitled to do so. And let’s not forget that none of the participants were of limited means I suspect.

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ferndale, they went through all the proper channels but I guess they don’t meet your standards?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not really. At an earlier time in my life I probably took advantage of situations worse than that. Hey if they permitted it who am I to doubt their decision.

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post