New
Find
Notify
Tools

64 vs 65 Car Field
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
The Stock Eliminator World Championship is going to be decided today at Pomona.
There ended up being a 65 car field.
If there were 64,there would be no bye runs.But with a 65 car field, there are all kinds of bye runs,including one that gets someone into the final.In fact,I think it is possible that someone can get more than one.
Just an observation that the entire race is changed when having 65 cars vs 64.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
If there were 64,there would be no bye runs.But with a 65 car field, there are all kinds of bye runs,including one that gets someone into the final.In fact,I think it is possible that someone can get more than one.

As long as you have to *earn* the bye run (best reaction time, best et, best mph etc etc), it's something to work for.

Nothing wrong with it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

As long as you have to *earn* the bye run (best reaction time, best et, best mph etc etc), it's something to work for

Nothing wrong with it.

It is Stock Eliminator. There is a ladder.
https://www.dragracecentral.co...er=Year2022#indextop

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

As long as you have to *earn* the bye run (best reaction time, best et, best mph etc etc), it's something to work for

Nothing wrong with it.

Ok, so #1 qualifier get the bye first round right?

What's wrong with it? Confused

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nothing wrong with it.

That is EXACTLY what is wrong with society today.
Who said anything was wrong with it???
It was an observation by me that a 65 car field vs a 64 car field is a totally different race.
No bye runs vs all kinds of bye runs.

** Just an observation **

NOTHING wrong with it.
Unless maybe a 64 car qualified field is what it should be?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nothing wrong with it.

It was an observation by me that a 65 car field vs a 64 car field is a totally different race.

NOTHING wrong with it.

I dunno, I don't think about it. I have no problem with extra rounds or bye runs, *IF* they're earned, and not arbitrarily decided/determined.

The more cars in the race, the merrier.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nothing wrong with it.

NOTHING wrong with it.

I dunno, I don't think about it. I have no problem with extra rounds or bye runs, *IF* they're earned, and not arbitrarily decided/determined.

More cars in the race the merrier.

Hey,I agree with you there.But at the St Louis Divisional race,they qualified only the fastest 128 and had 20 or more that didn't qualify.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nothing wrong with it.

NOTHING wrong with it.

More cars in the race the merrier.

Hey,I agree with you there.But at the St Louis Divisional race,they qualified only the fastest 128 and had 20 or more that didn't qualify.

I think the more cars, the merrier. So I think they should've qualified them all.

I think that was a bad decision, they weren't looking at the forest beyond the tree's.

20 racers left the race track wondering why they made the effort in the first place.

Ya can't have one policy at one race, and another policy for another race. Unless you don't care racers leave the track wondering why they made the effort.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'll be watching Drag Race Central today.It's possible that the World Championship could be decided if they race each other in the later rounds this afternoon. Lots of things still have to happen first.Rd 2 is about 15 minutes away.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll be watching Drag Race Central today.It's possible that the World Championship could be decided if they race each other in the later rounds this afternoon. Lots of things still have to happen first.Rd 2 is about 15 minutes away.

That's cool, I watch Comp a little here and there, just to see how I'm doing with my own all steel, small tire sbc Nova.

Don't they run COPO Camaro's in Stock? I'm no expert on the class, but I've watched a little of it, here and there.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's cool, I watch Comp a little here and there, just to see how I'm doing with my own all steel, small tire sbc Nova.

Don't they run COPO Camaro's in Stock? I'm no expert on the class, but I've watched a little of it, here and there.

Yes,LOTS of COPO's in Stock.
Brad Burton and Jimmy Hidalgo Jr. both won their 2nd round races.The excitement continues for another several hours or so.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Brad Burton and Jimmy Hidalgo Jr. both won their 2nd round races.The excitement continues for another several hours or so.

I thought so, those cars fly. N/A 5 second 1/8 mile times, n/a heavy cars, small tires.

Luv them cars.

You got a link where we can follow/watch?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I thought so, those cars fly. N/A 5 second 1/8 mile times, n/a heavy cars, small tires.

Luv them cars.

You got a link where we can follow/watch?

NHRA.TV only and you have to have a subscription.

Or follow www.dragracecentral.com

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I understand what 442 is trying to say. If my math is correct, there will be a bye every round at 65 cars. It also makes it a seven round race compared to six at 64 cars.

Stock and Super Stock racing begins in qualifying by playing the ladder!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
I understand what 442 is trying to say. If my math is correct, there will be a bye every round at 65 cars. It also makes it a seven round race compared to six at 64 cars.

Stock and Super Stock racing begins in qualifying by playing the ladder!

Exactly.....

NHRA racing is very structured and Stock and SS plays by a very specific set of rules...

I am watching the race now and try to watch whenever I can.....

The cost is cheap for the entire year and I stream it on my basement TV while I'm on my treadmill....

Love it..

And there is almost always a COPO or Mustang for sale on RJ.....Usually 100 grand plus or minus some....

You can also build a Camaro without it being a COPO and run in the regular classes.....like B/SA and they are usually stupid fast......9 second cars....LS engine...

I sat in one the first year they came out.....a COPO......Nice cars for sure...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'd be doing triple screens after buying only the Indy race this year, but decided to purchase nhratv for the full year in 2023 to get the whole season unless I'm racing. Time will tell.

I'm watching Galot & Orlando right now and killing time here. Flo Racing has a lot of good racing coverage & other sports.

5:26 and still in buy back round at Galot.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Quick update :

Down to 9 cars.Both World Championship contenders still in.

IF they both win and get to 5,they race each other to get to 3 and the bye into the final and the Championship.

That would be pretty cool if it happens.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The big race did not materialize.
Congratulations to Jimmy Hildago Jr.
2022 NHRA Stock Eliminator World Champion

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Still lots of drama going on.

In Super Stock,I think Greg Stanfield can win the World Championship if he wins the next round.

In Super Gas,it looks like Bob Locke could win if he wins the race.

Don't quote me on above,but that's what a quick glance looks like to me.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Pete D'Agnolo on the Super Stock championship. Really good guy and family, and he can wheel anything.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post