DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    where is racer heaven in the usa?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where is racer heaven in the usa?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Im coming up on the last quarter of my life and looking for racer nirvana in the usa if it does exsist?
Was going to do your normal florida deal like the rest of the flock but tbh the weather conditions are not always ideal there.
Is there any place in the usa that:
consistently has nice weather all year round...maybe 65 to 85 range? No hurricanes,tornadoes,floods,snow or extreme tropical heat?

Reasonable cost of living with low crime rates

Several good race tracks in the area that arent in poor condition or under threat of closing soon,

Any suggestions?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t exist. California checks off some of the stuff but sure doesn’t check off cost and tracks not being in danger

Best place with the most tracks within 8 hours is probably Huntsville Alabama or Chattanooga TN

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Alabama weather i hear is brutal and tenn right behind it.
I was watching nhra and sonoma ca looked pretty nice.i think weather wise san diego is one of the best? But no racing?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Both San Diego and Sonoma are very pricey. San Diego has the best weather

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12265 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm going to Tennessee or North Carolina

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tennessee seems to have a lot of tracks. North east seems nice. But some are guardrail tracks if I see right online. The pollen count is very high in the summer it seems every time I visit.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6353 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I moved from MD to central NC, and I mean central. Few hot days in the summer, few cold days in the winter BUT---I am 60 mi from Galot, 50 from Piedmont, 48 from Rockingham, 90 from Farmington, 116 from Darlington, 160 from VMP, 250 from Bristol, 550 from Brandenton. You get the idea. Just paid $3.60 for gas and taxes aren't bad except they have a personal property tax on cars etc.

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I moved from MD to central NC, and I mean central. Few hot days in the summer, few cold days in the winter BUT---I am 60 mi from Galot, 50 from Piedmont, 48 from Rockingham, 90 from Farmington, 116 from Darlington, 160 from VMP, 250 from Bristol, 550 from Brandenton. You get the idea. Just paid $3.60 for gas and taxes aren't bad except they have a personal property tax on cars etc.

Sounds like a pretty sweet location. What city or town are you near?

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Google says long Beach California has the nicest overall weather in the country.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Not here ( California) Jenavet
Newsome is ruining ca for the working man.

And all Racers!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
SP124 I sent you a PM

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
North Carolina is the California of the east coast..

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Also in central NC. Ferndaleflyer is dead on. We have about a month and half of hot and some of that usually milder,same for cold weather but very few days in 30's and some maybe 60 or 70 mid winter days. Hurricanse may touch us but mostly on coast and about 200 plus away. Lots of tracks. Plus Virgina and SC not that far.Tenn. also not super long distance. Lots of smalltracks and cpl national event track.

I am in Greensboro. 18 miles to piedmont away,60 to Farmington,80 to Mooresville,60 to Roxboro,110 to Rockingham,90 to Charlotte,200 area for Kenston and Jacksonville and Dunn Benson about 140. Some I forgot but you get the idea. Darlington Sc about 150 and Virginia about 200 long with bristol.

oh, yea did I say we have a few race tracks around.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

Yes. I've heard Tennessee is nice too. Tennessee would probably be your best choice. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Southern California was the place to go to in the 1950's

Not today !

N.C. or Tenn. would be my choice....these days....

I know of some very well known racers from the Northeast that all moved to N.C. and a smaller number to Tenn.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A couple differences for TN and NC. TN has no income taxes and no personal property taxes and state government is run by mostly conservatives.
Both states have access to a lot of race tracks.

Posts: 123 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
All reasons why Tennessee is first on my list.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cartman:
A couple differences for TN and NC. TN has no income taxes and no personal property taxes and state government is run by mostly conservatives.
Both states have access to a lot of race tracks.

I agree on most parts, but we definitely have personal property tax...

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The property taxes alone in NY-NJ and most of the Northeast would make your eyeballs pop if you live in many other states down south from what I have seen....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
NC has the most tracks and central to eastern NC is where they are. The nicest place to live in NC is west but no tracks nearby. If you notice the bigger money races in the south are held in NC at nice facilities. Bristol is nice but they don't race much. Many of the TN tracks are guardrail tracks.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post