Find
Notify
Tools

Tough Guys
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I honestly hate that NHRA no longer requires physicals, and wish there was an age limit for the faster classes.

When you reach 65 and are on Medicare (me), you are required to go yearly for a Wellness Exam to continue to get your medication prescriptions if you need them. It’s definitely a good thing as they can possibly detect something wrong early.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I agree with Todd on this and I turned 71 this month. Been racing since I was 15. I still make sure I get a physical every couple of years, probably need to have one every year and I tell myself that if I even “think” I can’t drive the car safely then I’ll quit.

Chris Karamesines was still driving past 80. So it certainly can be done. I know this, I would be devastated if I hurt someone else when I knew I shouldn’t be driving. Let’s all try our best to be safe out there!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I'm 58 and everyone above 55 has to get a physical along with a EKG to renew Top D or Adv ET in NHRA. I did decide to slow my car down but only from a 4.30 car to mid 4.40 to low 4.50's.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
State Rd 70 is a scary thought at any speed. I have to take that route when racing at Bradenton. Pulling a trailer on that road just plain sucks.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
I honestly hate that NHRA no longer requires physicals, and wish there was an age limit for the faster classes.

When you reach 65 and are on Medicare (me), you are required to go yearly for a Wellness Exam to continue to get your medication prescriptions if you need them. It’s definitely a good thing as they can possibly detect something wrong early.

"Wellness exam" huh?

Is that the one where the "doctor" will ask about things like firearms in your home and whether you feel safe or not?

I'm turning 65 this year and seriously considering forfeiting my Social Security "benefits" just to keep away from all those sphincters.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1654 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't worry Dave for 15 + years when they call I just tell them I am not interested and that is the end of the wellness exam. It is not required for anything just an option---I still get my SS check every month and my medicare

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:

"Wellness exam" huh?

Is that the one where the "doctor" will ask about things like firearms in your home and whether you feel safe or not?

I'm turning 65 this year and seriously considering forfeiting my Social Security "benefits" just to keep away from all those sphincters.

No, No, it’s a legit yearly exam by your family physician that Medicare pays for. Two yrs ago when I went he found a hernia I didn’t even know I had. I’m on a medication so I need to go yearly either way.

The one you don’t want showing up is the traveling nurse. My healthcare Co called and said I needed them to come in and check me out. I told them straight out “ I call you, You DON’T call me, and you never show up here”. And now that they understand this, they have never called back.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The healthcare nurse came around twice after my wifes heart bypass no big deal. I go in 4 times a year for my type 2 diabetes and blood pressure check have home stuff to monitor it daily feel very safe in my car at 120 1/8 mile! just dont over exert yourself!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a Humana Advantage policy. The phone calls were constant and very annoying. The wellness exam is an annual deal but the questions are really intrusive. At my last visit the question came up about firearms in the house. I asked the NP what business it was of hers? She then asked if I feel safe at home? Told here that it was none of her business. Then the question about alcohol consumption. Told her I buy it by the drum, she d-a-m-n-e-d near fainted. She left the room, then the real doctor came in and started to fuss at me for not cooperating. Told him he was fired and I left. Found another doc who does not subscribe to the intrusive questions, BTW, he is an offshore powerboat racer, very cool guy and a great MD.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Buy it by the drum -lol- I usually get two going to doc next month have to remember that one-lol

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
LOL

Very few doctors make it through to practice with any sense of humor left.

The only doctor I ever had retired some years ago, so I just avoid them all.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1654 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
I have a Humana Advantage policy. The phone calls were constant and very annoying. The wellness exam is an annual deal but the questions are really intrusive. At my last visit the question came up about firearms in the house. I asked the NP what business it was of hers? She then asked if I feel safe at home? Told here that it was none of her business. Then the question about alcohol consumption. Told her I buy it by the drum, she d-a-m-n-e-d near fainted. She left the room, then the real doctor came in and started to fuss at me for not cooperating. Told him he was fired and I left. Found another doc who does not subscribe to the intrusive questions, BTW, he is an offshore powerboat racer, very cool guy and a great MD.

I like that!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post