Find
Notify
Tools

TAD front tires
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted
After TF went to those wider front tires, I noticed TAD had them as well. I was super surprised today, to see Shawn Cowie with the same Weld Magnum wheels and skinny fronts that we have. And he runs over 270 mph! I was wondering then, is there a limit where those wider front tires would be needed? What are their benefits?

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
They have a higher load rating to handle the down force from front wing.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
^^^^This^^^^

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have the TF goodyear's fronts on my yellow bracket car going 4
40's...love the way they look, love the way they drive, love the way the take a rough track or rough pit road.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Cost?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Vern I believe I payed around 505 or somewhere in that range for pair. I bought them for ground clearance plus they look good.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Around 500 mounted and balanced, they last much longer than the skinny tires from my experiences.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Did you guys use same rims?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Torqin has all the cool shut!

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Yes sir same rims.

Kewl stuff!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I have the TF goodyear's fronts on my yellow bracket car going 4
40's...love the way they look, love the way they drive, love the way the take a rough track or rough pit road.

X2 they handle better at speed I think

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are they taller or just wider? I could use some more ground clearance. Just a thought....

Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes taller can't remember how much but it helped me load and clear some of the pit bumps.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted October 29, 2018 12:21 PMHide PostTorqin has all the cool shut!

Seabass will run him a close race on all the cool stuff.

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
JR and I talk...lmao

The front tires change height from 20 lbs of air to 40 lbs of air. Have yet to find a negative to running these tires.

Hope all is well Don!

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
will work good with the new front brakes Wink

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Do you have any pics. I was thinking of putting some on my American dragster.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post