DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone DIY rust protect their DD's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone DIY rust protect their DD's
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Like the title said. Anyone doing their own annual rust prevention to their daily drivers in the rust belt? Anything with wands to get up into rockers etc?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Best prevention would be to move out of the rust belt haha

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Best prevention would be to move out of the rust belt haha

True! But everywhere has its problems. TN was awfully nice to visit. Buuuuuut....not yet. I really like my job at the moment. But probably need to look for my next career move before long.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Eastwood used to have a kit that included the wand, flexible hose and fittings. The wand would attach directly to the cans of rust preventer. I did my old 80's Ford pickup with it but only ventured into salted roads occasionally. Truck body looked great when I sold it in 2000. Really needs to be done in a warm area and you need something that can be tossed to catch the excess that will drip out.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I can do it in my shop on the lift. Figure I need to throw some sheeting down to prevent a mess.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine uses something called fluid film, He said he uses a cheap under coating gun to spray his truck every year. I can't remember if he said he got it from advance or napa.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I had my truck and wife’s car sprayed with a stuff called Krown. It was a bit costly to have it done so tried to buy a pail of it to do it myself and they want $200 for 5 gallons so just haven’t had it done again. It is biodegradable and doesn’t hurt blacktop or concrete so no need to worry about dripping.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I ordered some fluid film from amazon and a wand with 360 degree tip. Gonna give this a whirl

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I did big Steve’s solution. Has worked well

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I bought the pressure pot/sprayer right from Krown for 230 and I gallon of T40 rust control for 50 . I did my rv with a couple tarps put down in my driveway. Worked well. It was 200 to rust proof the RV in their shop. Now I can do next time for about 30 bucks. I used 2 thirds of the gallon

Posts: 36 | Location: canada | Registered: January 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swingarm:
I bought the pressure pot/sprayer right from Krown for 230 and I gallon of T40 rust control for 50 . I did my rv with a couple tarps put down in my driveway. Worked well. It was 200 to rust proof the RV in their shop. Now I can do next time for about 30 bucks. I used 2 thirds of the gallon

Do you got some part numbers or such for those products? Not finding them online.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Google Lemmer RP 460 hd , looks like the sprayer I have. I threw the box out no number.

Posts: 36 | Location: canada | Registered: January 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post