DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    best route for a tourist
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best route for a tourist
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I`m staying in Freehold in September and need to drive into NYC to Pier 83, what is my best route? Google maps gives me 3 options all with tolls, is that on the bridge crossing only, or on the roads before?

Posts: 10 | Location: england | Registered: April 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Probably follow the route from your location in Freehold to the NJ Turnpike North to the Lincoln Tunnel into Manhatten....

NJ turnpike is a toll road and all crossings into NYC are tolls....I don't know if they even take cash anymore.....Everyone has an EasyPass account to pay tolls for roads and bridges in the NY-NJ area...

Not going to be a fun ride if it's anytime around commute times.

Extremely busy area....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
NJ turnpike to holland or Lincoln tunnel. Download the Waze app and follow it.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Funny... I live in Freehold & work in NYC less than a 1/2 mile from there. As other have said, best way would be Garden State Parkway> New Jersey Turnpike> Lincoln Tunnel. If you prefer not to drive, there are busses that run that route daily and go to the Port Authority bus terminal in NYC, that is less than a mile walk to Pier 83.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Billy,do you know if they take cash at the tolls?

Posts: 10 | Location: england | Registered: April 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I do not believe they do -it's EZpass or toll by mail.

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks.leaving Freehold about 9am,will that be ok traffic wise?

Also is the gamblers race at Atco worth visiting on a Tuesday night?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
You will hit traffic for sure, hard to say how much. When I drive in, I leave at 6:00am and it usually takes close to an hour and a half but thats before "rush hour" really starts... I would expect the traffic to be worse at 9:00am. You may want to look at Waze at that time the weekday before to try and judge how long the trip will be timewise. I don't usually go to Atco on Tuesdays but I hear it's a pretty good program. Not sure when you'll be here but I plan to be at Atco on Saturday Aug 27th.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Billy.I arrive September 11 until 21st. Getting married on the 16th but have to get some drag racing in hence going to Atco on the Tuesday.