New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truck bed cover
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Looking for suggestions from experience. Wanting to install a hard shell bed cover on my 2007 F250 Super Duty long bed.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We run the 'Undercover' brand solid top on some trucks at work. We are very pleased with them.

Posts: 102 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I want one for my '68 short bed C10 but I'm going to have to have it made and the going price seems to be at least a thousand bucks.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I just put a Pace Edwards (Leer) Switchblade on my 2002 2500HD Long bed. Its only been on there 2 days but so far I like it. It is a retractable hard top cover.

Was about $950 and 25 minutes to install.

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
I have A Leer hard top cover and I like It for what it is but a roll up might be more practical. It’s water tight and I can lock it like a large trunk. Not easy to remove if I need to carry something large but I have trailers for that. 5 years old and almost 190,000 miles and hasn’t needed anything.

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a Bakflip trifold on my wife's truck. It's sturdy but heavy to fold. A bit faded after 5 years and it was never "water tight" like they may claim. I like it but i'm not sure it's worth the $900 we paid.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

ARE LS II Tonneau cover about $1,800 installed. Add a Bedrug and now you’ve got a trunk.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I use my truck too much as a truck to do the trunk thing. I will say I have liked the roll up deal. Not perfect but not bad. Hard to come up with the perfect solution. The electric roll up ones take up space in the front when retracted. The panel ones are strong and secure, but can still be in the way when using open.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6390 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have had 2 ARE bed covers, quality piece for sure. Been awhile since I bought the last one but I think it was around $1300 painted to match the truck installed at the time. I thought it was very reasonable for the quality. Most likely more now days

Posts: 2418 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rick!
posted Hide Post
I have a Peragon on my pickup. Works well, reasonably watertight thru car washes. Takes a bit to install.

Peragon bed cover

Posts: 81 | Location: behind this screen | Registered: July 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick!:
I have a Peragon on my pickup. Works well, reasonably watertight thru car washes. Takes a bit to install.

Peragon bed cover

Gotta say those look slick. Had it long? Wonder how well they continue to slide. I imagine you have to pay attention to keep the slide channels clean.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6390 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-elite-lx

Light weight yet strong
Mine fits and looks factory

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post