Notify
Tools

Jeg's Allstars
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
I hope they get it figured out. Hope to see the Blockers and Qualifiers that worked very hard and drove great, get there.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tear down at the All Star race has been going on for the 23 years I've competed in Stock and SS that I know of for a fact, and I'm sure much longer than that. A few years ago they told the competitors they could show up with a head removed to speed up the inspection process. I believe this is the first time they've put anything on the website.
I'd like to see them do both heads, because nobody has ever had more cubic inches or more compression on one half of the engine....LOL

Probably even more important is a very thorough electronics check, since most times you've qualified based on the driving not the performance of your car heads up.

Posts: 25 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: December 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The way I see it... is if you refuse to go to the Allstars cause you don't want to teardown you will 100% be torn down the very next race you attend so....

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
IMHO we are talking about 8 cars in each class, why would someone who worked their butt off to make it to the All Stars not go because you have to have a cylinder head off for tech? And as an added bonus they tell you before you even get there.
BB, if you don’t like the playground you’re playing in go to another, rules are rules and should be in forced.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
For those racing in Stock or Super Stock at that event, if you are the only car in your specific class, why would that NHRA want to put your engine through tech like that?

Can those competitors switch their class when they arrive?

Yep, you can change class but the reason for checking someone who is in a class by themselves is because during the event they put all of the solo cars in a combo running against other solo class car.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Luke got selected for a random tear down of his wagon stocker at Rt. 66 when he was 18 years old and the car could barely run the index, much less be a top qualifier. After the teardown, the guy said "this is the most legal car I've ever seen". Yeah, no shyt Sherlock

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dad ran a Q/SA wagon as the division 1 rep for the 1999 Allstar race, and was required to have a mandatory tear down. Like most have said above, this is nothing new, and quite frankly to be expected. I'd be shocked, that a tear down would keep someone like Justin Lamb from attending this race. Distance, work/family commitments etc sure! A mandatory teardown, which was common practice for decades in those classes? I'd be very surprised.

Posts: 491 | Location: Morristown, NJ | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tear down was always a “for sure” up until 2 maybe 3 years ago at the All Stars race Caz.

The problem with tear down at this race is you’re allowed to fix said problem. If a bunch of guys get tossed do you think JEGS wants a bunch of no shows in their event? Doubt it.

Posts: 3 | Location: seattle | Registered: May 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post