New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bitcoin
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike, if I remember my history it was a 10,000 dollar fine for "hoarding" gold. That was right stout for the middle of the Great Depression.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Mike, if I remember my history it was a 10,000 dollar fine for "hoarding" gold. That was right stout for the middle of the Great Depression.

Definitely

Although the word "hoarding" is the tip off, it's a shyt sandwich.

If you look up the definition of hoarding, it's the compulsion to continually accumulate useless items.

So saving money - Gold isn't hoarding.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Do you think if they came out and told all the people who have saved money - Gold, they had to turn in their money - Gold, they would?

I don't, at least I'd hope not.

I doubt even the worst sheeple would. Maybe the odd few would. I don't think the private ownership of gold is preventing America's economic growth in 2021 though, so what possible reason could government have to attempt to reinstate order 6102 in the foreseeable future? Make no mistake I put NOTHING past these loons presently in office, but trying to do something and actually successfully doing it are still 2 different things. But the day isn't over either. lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Do you think if they came out and told all the people who have saved money - Gold, they had to turn in their money - Gold, they would?

I don't, at least I'd hope not.

I doubt even the worst sheeple would. Maybe the odd few would. I don't think the private ownership of gold is preventing America's economic growth in 2021 though, so what possible reason could government have to attempt to reinstate order 6102 in the foreseeable future? Make no mistake I put NOTHING past these loons presently in office, but trying to do something and actually successfully doing it are still 2 different things. But the day isn't over either. lol

Very True Sir. Well said.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
On the move again.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post