New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bitcoin
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
The price fluctuates literally every second,but at last check,it was $44,200.

Pretty cool number.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
up 6000 plus as of 5 minutes ago for the day.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
That’s a big gain! I had a friend that bought 5,000 shares of OCGN on Feb 1st at $1.81 a share ! Sold today when we were at lunch for $18.03 a share for an $81,000 gain . Wish I had his tax problems ....Haha Shake head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk bought 1.5 Billion worth of Bitcoin

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Like any ponzi, you can only make money others lose.

When MSNBC is touting it, you know it's grimy.

It'll crash.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Bitcoin is pixie dust. Sooner or later somebody is going to get left holding the bag.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
When institutions built on cons push bitcoin, you can know it's a con.

Game Stop stock only went up when everyone was buying as well.

It's a bubble with no production to back it. Fools gold.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I certainly wouldn't bet the house on bitcoin,but I see nothing wrong with having some investment exposure through a fund like GBTC.

Bitcoin could potentially replace the U.S. dollar as the world's reserve currency.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I certainly wouldn't bet the house on bitcoin,but I see nothing wrong with having some investment exposure through a fund like GBTC.

Bitcoin could potentially replace the U.S. dollar as the world's reserve currency.

IMO i don't see it replacing the dollar and i agree with Mike on being pyramid scheme.

But if you're looking to invest in GBTC now is not the time. The ideal time would have been back in August when it was like !3.34.

Watch and wait for a new buying point to emerge...

https://finance.yahoo.com/char...InNldFNwYW4iOnt9fV19

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

If that happens it won't be a random event, it would mean the private banks who make up the FED were behind it all along, and the cap on bitcoin, is an illusion. Either way it's worthless fiat.

Wouldn't surprise me much, they're intention is full control. You think you pay a lot of taxes now, give em access to your account. Control.

This is gonna go one of two ways in the end, which is near. Money backed by gold or a feudal system of slaves and masters - fiat currency.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Playing in bitcoin is way above my pay grade.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Maybe the high dollar bracket races will start paying in bitcoin.It has the attention of some pro sports players:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/3...letes-to-invest.html

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe the high dollar bracket races will start paying in bitcoin.It has the attention of some pro sports players:

What should tip ya off it's a con in that article, is MSNBC putting into print the player stating bitcoin insulates him from the manipulated corrupt economy we all live. Just like Qanon, when the MSM starting doing stories on Q anon, should've been the sign to tell everyone Q anon was a con. MSM is owned by the institution, it only promotes institution plays. Everyone should know by now.

It's grimy you'll see.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

What should tip ya off it's a con in that article, is MSNBC putting into print the player stating bitcoin insulates him from the manipulated corrupt economy we all live. Just like Qanon, when the MSM starting doing stories on Q anon, should've been the sign to tell everyone Q anon was a con. MSM is owned by the institution, it only promotes institution plays. Everyone should know by now.

It's grimy you'll see.

I would not be surprised to see the price of bitcoin crash at some point.

But it still could go MUCH higher before that.I picked up a few shares of GBTC awhile ago in my 401k.

If it keeps going up like it has recently,I might be able to comfortably retire.If it tanks,it will not change my life.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Since bitcoin is an unregulated currency, they could increase or decrease the supply at any given time, increasing or decreasing inflation. People blindly investing in it is what is causing it to fluctuate erratically.

Not saying its good or bad really, because honestly I can't decide. But if you're gonna get in it, I would recommend go in with a plan. EX --- Bitcoin is $1 per share, when it gets to $5 a share I'm going to sell regardless of what I believe it will do.

Get in and get out IMO

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Tesla b buying so much at once has to push it higher. Think about it if you spend 1.5 billion and it goes up 20%. You can set it so you short it right after you sell what you own.
Knowing good and well its going to drop huge. Then you cover the short sell and you clean up on both ends of it. Thats how the rich get richer.

Trans lady has right idea for the average guys play. IMO

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ya'll let me know when I get something wrong.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Working for the man isn't going to help you achieve entry into the Dos Comas club. It will help the owner though.

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Right now,the price isn't all that far off of the $44,200 when I posted this.
Had you bought in February and held until today,it was dead money.
Dead money just like investing in the US dollar.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bitcoin is like playing High Roller slots in Vegas. Problem is you have to buy and hold it for a year I believe or Uncle Sam will hit you with a higher tax, because of it being a short term investment. Might not even be around in a year!!!............But either way I can't afford it Laughing Hard

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post