New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Golf Carts
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
So in Illinois,effective May 1, you can play golf but golf carts are not allowed.

Imagine that rule at a drag race.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
So in Illinois,effective May 1, you can play golf but golf carts are not allowed.
Imagine that rule at a drag race.

JB Prickheads stay-at-home order through May 30 won’t be opening any racetracks imho.

I’ve already written off Byron Memorial Day weekend event.

Posts: 2439 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is there a reason for this no cart ruling, or just an exercise of power ?

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Power to exercise. Look don't expect anything that comes out of Springield/Chicago to make sense. I suppose one could argue that the carts would need to be sanitized, which they could be. Or that only one person or one family per cart to adhere to social distancing, which is possible. But us country folk can't be trusted to do those things I suppose.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6359 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
They pull that at 66, it will stay parked. I know it won't fly at 41. They put a ton of money in that place. 41 has a 2500,5000,5000. Bracket mania deal.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
They pull that at 66, it will stay parked. I know it won't fly at 41. They put a ton of money in that place. 41 has a 2500,5000,5000. Bracket mania deal.

They golf at Rt66?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6359 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
They don't want any demand for fuel. Hard to kill the oil industry if you're using energy for entertainment.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Here in FLA we are playing golf w/carts. 1 per cart, sanitized between rounds. It has not affected my game, I still suck at golf.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:

They golf at Rt66?

I would not be surprised if they didn't You know how big that place is, you have been there. You can run eliminations in the parking lot. Ever try walking that property. Us old boys have leg problems. lol

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Can my wife ride on a cart with me? Does the deep state know that we still sleep together, eat together, kiss each other, etc? How deep into jackassery is this country going to sink?

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Can my wife ride on a cart with me? Does the deep state know that we still sleep together, eat together, kiss each other, etc? How deep into jackassery is this country going to sink?

It is getting to be that "they" know things about a person that that person doesn't even know about themselves

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1217 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They have retarded restrictions on boating as well. No more than two on a boat, regardless of family size. He said if there is more than that, you have to take turns. This was pritker. It's all about enforcement. It doesn't matter if you are helping or not helping with the virus. These are simply about control.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
They have retarded restrictions on boating as well. No more than two on a boat, regardless of family size. He said if there is more than that, you have to take turns. This was pritker. It's all about enforcement. It doesn't matter if you are helping or not helping with the virus. These are simply about control.

Pritcker lost a court decision yesterday on his stay-at-home mandate. I'm hoping to see more people pushing back on this madness.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:

Pritcker lost a court decision yesterday on his stay-at-home mandate. I'm hoping to see more people pushing back on this madness.

I didn't realize it had stuck. I figured that would have trouble getting traction. I'm glad to see the push back as well. I'm not sure why race tracks aren't politicing and doing what they can to be exempted from these restrictions. If you roll over and just take it, they're just gonna keep givin it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you roll over and just take it, they're just gonna keep givin it.

TRUTH

Don't matter if it's your boss, your neighbor, your ex-wife, or some politician - they will push and push and push until you push back.

Mike