DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Getting f'd by the airlines.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting f'd by the airlines.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
My better half and I had trip to Germany and The Netherlands planned for next week. Due to this pandemic it's been tanked. American Airlines, Lufthansa have cancelled our booked and paid flights. Neither will refund our $$$$$. American offered a credit voucher to use by year end which is unacceptable, can't do trip until next year. Lufthansa is the same. Talk about getting screwed. Rant over.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I’d try contacting your credit card company and see if they can help

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Next step.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Always buy insurance

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Insurance does not cover trip cancellation due to a national emergency, pandemic, civil unrest or war.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Trillions in bail outs didn't cover refunds? Hmmm that's shocking considering the current level of authority tyranny .... https://youtu.be/TKTy_BCBpQY I'm a spectator to the frogs being slow boiled.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Start a "Customer Dispute" with your credit card company. You will win and get your money back.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
American is giving you until the end of NEXT year to use your flight value. From their website:

"If you:

Bought your ticket before May 31, 2020, for travel between March 1 and September 30, 2020, you can rebook without change fees*.

*Travel must be completed on or before December 31, 2021."

From what I've seen none of the airlines are giving refunds but they're all being flexible on rebooking flights. I doubt a credit card dispute is going to work in this situation because the terms and conditions of refunds/cancellations were available to read when you booked the flight and the airlines have even relaxed them since then. This pandemic sucks!

Posts: 710 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You can expect this type of stuff. I just had a 20k credit line go to 3k, poof no reason perfect credit.

If the heat is turned up slow on a frog in a pot, the frog will boil to death.

If a frog is dropped in boiling water, it'll jump out.

https://youtu.be/TKTy_BCBpQY

^^^ Meanwhile back in ... "Authorities admission Covid 19 death toll stats are fraudulent

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If American and Lufthansa canceled your fights then you are entitled to a refund not a credit.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
183 N, your right about what the website States. However, when you contact them the agent states end of 2020. Went to website, it won't show 2021 on cancellation/change request.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
183 N, your right about what the website States. However, when you contact them the agent states end of 2020. Went to website, it won't show 2021 on cancellation/change request.

I would guess it will take time for the updated date to propagate through their system for all affected reservations. I would believe what the website says over a rep and sit tight for a bit - I bet you see the date go to 2021.

Posts: 710 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hope your correct. With the amount of $$$$ invested I get a little nervous.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Great news. After 3 hours on the phone with an American Airlines cs rep she referred me to the web site prefund.aa.american.com. Got my tickets refunded, in full. Was advised that this web address is in part response to the Feds requiring carriers operating in the US to refund tickets when the carrier cancels the flight. Try finding that anywhere on AA website. The AA agent was very pleasant and professional.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Great news

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Great...... a full refund was the right thing for AA to do.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Great news. After 3 hours on the phone with an American Airlines cs rep she referred me to the web site prefund.aa.american.com. Got my tickets refunded, in full. Was advised that this web address is in part response to the Feds requiring carriers operating in the US to refund tickets when the carrier cancels the flight. Try finding that anywhere on AA website. The AA agent was very pleasant and professional.

The guy I am building a house for will be happy to hear that,He works for AA and is supervisor over that department. Funny how timing works at times.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4160 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Waiting on a big chunk of $ from Carnival for a cruise that got cancelled. They agreed on a refund but said it might take months. I'm hoping they don't go bankrupt first.

Posts: 722 | Location: Somers, ny | Registered: October 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Some interesting reading on the topic - Delta got sued and quickly back-tracked on not issuing refunds.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/airpo...qudtk4aCZKiU1RXsTvJ/

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ralph thats the way they get out of paying. Then back in business the next day!!!!!

Posts: 6193 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post