DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Fishermen Caught with Lead Weights in Walleye
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fishermen Caught with Lead Weights in Walleye
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Did anyone else see that someone protested 2 fishermen in a walleye tournament, and when they cut them open they found lead weights, and even a walleye fillet inside?

40,000 to win that tournament.

This is considered Felony theft in Ohio

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Anytime there is a competition where money is to won, there has been and will always be cheating.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed knows! But in our sport, no one seems to care.

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
He stood there wearing his jacket with all of his sponsors names on it. They must be so proud of him. I hope they fired him and sue him for tarnishing their name.

It is theft and they should prosecute him. He should of course be banned for life from the Tournaments. If they do not follow up on it with severe consequences then they will lose the respect and support of those who were not cheating.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3963 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they swerve their boats into contact with other competitor's boats in retaliation when they lose.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Wonder if they swerve their boats into contact with other competitor's boats in retaliation when they lose.
Not worthy Laughing Hard

They only do that in Huntering

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
When they found them cheating, you can hear the guy yelling, "don't touch them, don't anyone touch them". lol.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Have a question. Did they prov the fishermen were the one that used lead weights? Just asking because would seem hard to do unless tied to his lure or something. I against rules and taking it is.Why would he not have removed before turning in.

Asking because us southern boys don't fish for Walleye on regular bases and know pretty much nothing about it.Now trout and bass I know some about.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Google " Fish Cheating "

They stuffed eight pounds of lead and filets in the walleye.

I saw reports that they have been charged with fraud. The tournament director is actually a cop. One of the duo also failed a polygraph regarding a previous tournament.

I'd say they are lucky the made it out of there without severe injuries.

Some of the large fishing tournaments make big money bracket racing look like pocket change. Thier big money comes from the brown bags/Calcuttas.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Have a question. Did they prov the fishermen were the one that used lead weights? Just asking because would seem hard to do unless tied to his lure or something. I against rules and taking it is.Why would he not have removed before turning in.

Asking because us southern boys don't fish for Walleye on regular bases and know pretty much nothing about it.Now trout and bass I know some about.LOL

Well, they caught the fish and Won the Tournament and were holding the fish up for pictures when someone protested and said fish stomachs looked strange.

So they took them right then and cut them open in front of everyone.

From what I could tell nobody touched the fish except for the cheaters as they brought them in and put them on the scales then picked them up and put them in the crate then walked over for the pictures.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3963 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This has been going on in fishing for years. Most of those guys aren't sponsored. They just wear those shirts ,just like the guys that ride road bikes dress like Lance Armstrong.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Ain't it great how we can screw up something that's supposed to be fun like fishing and racing with money!

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Ain't it great how we can screw up something that's supposed to be fun like fishing and racing with money!

x2

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Everything has been and will always be about $

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Not everything

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Felony charges were brought against these two men today.

I would assume this would apply if anyone was ever caught cheating at a big money race.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fishe...arges-220649902.html

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Holytown,
I would hope so. Otherwise it would end.

Either has to be handled like the fishing tournament or you simply make rules that say "there are no rules", good luck today.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1216 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:

I would assume this would apply if anyone was ever caught cheating at a big money race.

Been cheaters caught at professional level, never heard of any charges just fines or suspensions from the group.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What would fining them and/or kicking them out do?? They obviously weren't doing any good to begin with so why would they care about being booted?

They'd never pay a fine and just move on to the next crooked venture...

I hate fuc'n thieves.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4442 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:

Been cheaters caught at professional level, never heard of any charges just fines or suspensions from the group.

True but that was a different time. Also, I was under the impression people were not technically caught, they just refused teardown and left?

Is that true?