Time Shots
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
UNLESS arranged with the track manager BEFORE you show up

It was.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s not what you said in your post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
chasracer hits it on the head. There is usually no reason for no cars going down the track. One round or class gets done there is no reason to have a 20-30 min pause. Do this for a whole race and you have lost a couple of hours or more. Waiting on the same person race after race, run without them. Double entered, no reason for your car to be the last one back up 20 min later. You chose to double and everyone else has to wait for you? I have heard the reasons for all of these delays but none of them hold water. Like he said I remember running 100s of cars in 1/4 mile and done in 5-6 hours. Most of these races had open time runs--same deal, it was up to you to get up there. Sorry if you got there late or fooled around and didn't get one. The excuses abound but the bottom line is if nothing is going down the track you are wasting time. What ever happened to round robin racing?

^^^ Right

I we could run 2 complete Pro Am's including giving a time run before and between them, in one day, here in Div 4, I would think it is possible for a track to complete 1 race in a reasonable amount of time.
But that's just my opinion.
Local track here can't finish a race before 1:00 Am with 17 Top, 20 Mods and maybe 10 jr's. That's with 2 Time runs.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
to run all the classes one time can take 1.5 hrs or more with no downtime , two passes just eat up 3 hours plus . 1st rd another 1.5 hrs then add buybacks . so 4.5 hrs to get in one rd and before 2nd round is done it is almost 6 . meanwhile the tracks expense climbs. one and done is best . if you can,t dial your stuff fix it .

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
we have no weekly programs around here anymore

Johnny Claridge
Reher-Morrison
john.claridge@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 49 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
That’s not what you said in your post

I texted with the race director on Friday. And messaged on Saturday to make sure we were on the same page. We were.
What I don't get is why they dropped the t&t for the third go around and the first round. It was all of 11 cars total. Hell they had probably a 45 minute break arguing about who should be allowed in what damn class. Run some T&T if you can't figure out what else to run.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I texted with the race director on Friday. And messaged on Saturday to make sure we were on the same page. We were.

Obviously not

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:
I have often wondered why tracks don't use open time sessions. Gates at 8, time runs 9-11:30, cleanup 11:30-12 for cars with zero shots and at 12:15 Round one of whatever class. Just an example.

Operating cost can run from $300 to $1000 + per hour, depending on the facility.
In your scenario, I'm gonna sleep late, roll in at 11:30, take my shot, to be ready for 1st round.
A 9:00 A.M. time shot means nothing at 1:00 P.M. anyway.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
I have often wondered why tracks don't use open time sessions. Gates at 8, time runs 9-11:30, cleanup 11:30-12 for cars with zero shots and at 12:15 Round one of whatever class. Just an example.

Operating cost can run from $300 to $1000 + per hour, depending on the facility.
In your scenario, I'm gonna sleep late, roll in at 11:30, take my shot, to be ready for 1st round.

With new heads and a changed converter? Smile

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOL.. A 9:00Am time shot means nothing when first round isn't until 9:00PM either..lol
That's normally the case down here..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
quote:

With new heads and a changed converter? Smile

LOL, "back in the day", I'd show up with a new engine still warm from cam break in and dial it off the trailer.
This engine was a little more problematic.

I couldn't get a T & T card, but they let me enter a gambler race....1 shot, it got messed up so I got a do-over, and 1st round. I figured out what I needed to know and was back on the road home in about an hour.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post