DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    This just aint right!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This just aint right!
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
This just aint right -while folks down south in Vegas get to race its F--cin snowing in Iowa anybody know how to fix that-lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vetman,

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 394 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1st, you need to fix the write to right & then move to Vegas. Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2493 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are ya happy now-lol

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 394 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was happy before, but you still need to fix your Delima.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2493 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry just whinin about the snow spent 3 months in New Mexico and Arizona this winter ok then but to hot in summer besides there are 22 races in Iowa-Ill. area this summer paying 5-11 thousand plus Byrons 100 grander-wo-ho

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
60 degrees at my house yesterday, snowed last night, mid 60's today......Gotta love Colorado weather.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Sorry just whinin about the snow spent 3 months in New Mexico and Arizona this winter ok then but to hot in summer besides there are 22 races in Iowa-Ill. area this summer paying 5-11 thousand plus Byrons 100 grander-wo-ho

I get it, just busting your chops a little. Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
70 here in NC today. Sun, blue sky, no clouds, cows are happy, front porch is comfy. I raced last week !!!!!!!

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree Vetman!! We get home a couple weeks early to Iowa and it is 26-degrees this morning!! No doubt a bit early but lots to do to the S10, coach and trailer to get ready for a very busy Iowa race season; never would have thought there would be so many big buck races in lil ol Iowa :-)

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1216 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Its all in good fun -good luck to all racin this year WO-HO

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I stopped to race at Mid America Motorplex in Pacific Junction IA. on the way to MI. around 2015. I was lucky to win 2 races & was going stay for another, but decided to let someone else win. I went on to MI. my home state & won another race. Overall it was a pretty good trip! Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Oh-boy went to Mid-America -once -several years ago had to use a bunch of stop just to get down the track never went back next time ya come through Iowa try to hit Eddyville or Cedar Falls CFR has a 5-10 on memorial day followed by a 10 and 3 25s for SFG first week of June .Those are both good tracks with great bite.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I have some fond memories of racing at MAM. First time to the track, I won a Wally. Next time there, I had double entered in Pro and Sportsman/Footbrake. Track was hooking great, broke the ring gear. Borrowed my girlfriends car and runner-upped in both classes, losing both final rounds to a good friend who had also double-entered. He had been in a few finals before then, but had never won a race.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Footbrake Jim I doubt we are talking about the same place I believe mid am in Iowa is just south of Omaha-Council Bluffs on I-29 it was under water last spring in the floods there and is now closed

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Footbrake Jim I doubt we are talking about the same place I believe mid am in Iowa is just south of Omaha-Council Bluffs on I-29 it was under water last spring in the floods there and is now closed

Vetman, oh, it is definitely the same place.
I was living in Topeka at that time. It was only about 1.5 hours up to Pacific Junction, Iowa. The facility was Mid-America Motorplex, which included a road course, and maybe an off-road or motocross track. The strip was called Rolling Thunder Dragstrip. 1/8 mile track that seemed like it designed to be 1/4, the scoreboards were way past the stripe. The runoff area past the shutdown was cornfields. The track manager back then was a dude named Roadkill, (great guy, too). And the 3 main track sponsors were all car dealers owned by the track owner. Tincher Ford, Tincher Dodge, & Tincher Chevrolet.

Dan "Jim" Moore

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Footbrake Jim I stand corrected only time I was there was in early 2000s at a test day track was very poor as I said a 4 70 dragster was so far on the stop he went 6.00s just left and never went back

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
No worries, Vetman. They did get the place in pretty good shape by the mid-2000's. Roadkill was one of those guys that would bust his butt working many long, thankless hours to fix and improve anything about the track that he could.

Dan "Jim" Moore