DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Shipping Wheels With Tires Mounted
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping Wheels With Tires Mounted
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted
Has anyone done this? These are not huge slicks, but a street 275/45/17 tire.

Haven't checked with UPS, but I'm sure it would be very pricey......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Jodie Jent
posted Hide Post
Id check with a LTL Carrier

Posts: 495 | Location: Owingsville, Ky. | Registered: June 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bender, i ordered a spare tire and rim for my trailer a few months ago it came in mounted and aired up. Should be a non issue, in my case it was just 1 tire, not sure what happens with 4 of them. Trailer tire is 235x75x15.

Posts: 370 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yup, Tire Rack. I've never had an issue. I'm almost sure my Dad got rims with drag radials shipped from Summit

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
Bought a set of four wheels with tires. They came strapped together. no issue

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
I also get all my rear slicks shipped. No rims, but they are big. Been doing it for years.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
A number of years ago I shipped two (separately boxed) 33x16.5/15 tires mounted on wheels via Greyhound bus. saved a bunch on shipping. Not sure if they still do this but...

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post