New
Find
Notify
Tools

PIT PAY APP
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Among other things,it sounds like tracks will be going toward a PIT PAY APP.

https://www.wwtraceway.com/a-n...LPsAQkbhEVU_ESCaIZBo

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they're 100% onboard with the "new normal". Couldn't help but notice there wasn't any mention of constitutional rights or the bill of rights. Of course it's a business and they can run it how ever they want. They won't get a dime out of me and I hope they can operate on considerably less revenue than they were use to. It's suppose to be a sport, an enjoyable recreation. With this new found layer of rules on top of NHRA's rule book it's turned into little more than an exercise in following rules. Hopefully others will enjoy the challenge.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2322 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What rights? I was just reading that you can take care of most paperwork and paying before you get to the track. What am I missing?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
You get to pay up front...You get paid when they get to it. Rain out...Not a problem at all..
How thrilling to give your banking information to a business that has what kind of, or if any kind of security systems for data.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1217 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
You get to pay up front...You get paid when they get to it. Rain out...Not a problem at all..
How thrilling to give your banking information to a business that has what kind of, or if any kind of security systems for data.

Use a credit card for some protection. And if you don't like their rain out policy don't race there. Don't make your entry payment until you hit the entrance.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sully3358
posted Hide Post
Seems pretty straightforward to me. Change and adapt or don't open the gates. It's going to take some compromise on all sides.

Posts: 183 | Location: IL | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
If its strictly by a APP guess I would be out. My flip phone does not work with that crap or at least the owner does not. Yea I am old school on lots of things and don't take to change well.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Really? That should go over like a turd in the punch bowl. That whole deal is filled opportunity to steal your money--pay in advance entry, direct deposit of winnings, the checks in the mail???? Good luck with all of that, I wish them the best.

Posts: 6188 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Remember when NASCAR, among others, used the 9/11 terror attacks as cover to ban coolers and large backpacks - and force you to buy their crappy overpriced food and beverage?

History repeats itself - never let a good crisis go to waste.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for the "sky is falling" emoticon for this thread. SMDH

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ken MacNicol
posted Hide Post
Just last weekend we tried to go to Chipotle drive thru for the first time, when we read that you had to order online thru a app we drove right thru. So if it is that way for the divisional there in October I may have to skip that one.

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville, Tenn. | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, I would never eat at Chitpotle, but I do have an app for almost every place I eat at either drive thru or eat in. Rewards when I order and rewards when I pay. Cash is for the craps table. I wouldn't race at a track that I couldn't trust that payout would be an issue. Cash, check, credit card or app. It's 2020.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rewards when I order and rewards when I pay.

Let's see now, you spend money and they make money. So who is really reaping said reward? Reminds me of a naive young wife I once had. She tried to tell me how much money she had saved on a shopping trip. I ask her if she had more money in the bank before she left or when she got back. Admittedly she may have reduced her expenses, but "saving" wasn't the term she was looking for.

Posts: 2322 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

Let's see now, you spend money and they make money. So who is really reaping said reward? Reminds me of a naive young wife I once had. She tried to tell me how much money she had saved on a shopping trip. I ask her if she had more money in the bank before she left or when she got back. Admittedly she may have reduced her expenses, but "saving" wasn't the term she was looking for.

indeed, but if it is something you are already purchasing, and there is no down side....

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
indeed, but if it is something you are already purchasing, and there is no down side....

I suppose the potential downside is relative. If one doesn't mind being tracked, monitored and advertised to then there wouldn't be any perceived downside. On the other hand, those that value privacy might feel differently. Again, it's relative.

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
ahhh...no.

And if I'm a track owner - I want to deal with cash.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If it stays completely optional, I have absolutely no issue with it. If it ever becomes mandatory , no thank you. Heck, many of these big buck bracket races already require prepayment of an entry fee, and it sure doesn't seem to hurt them. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Note to self: Sell racecar, buy boat.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Note to self: Sell racecar, buy boat.

Note to you: Don't do that. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

It doesn't cost anymore to pay with an app, then it does with currency. I have to eat anyway. I pay with a CC (on almost everything I buy) and pay off every Friday, so it doesn't cost me any interest. It's a Sporting Goods card that gives me points for using it. I buy guns with my points, so I'm being tracked anyway. If you don't want to be tracked, you'd better get off the computer and quit carrying anything electronic. If you drive a GM, you've been being tracked for years.

Eating is not shopping. At least not in my case.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ