DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Stay Warm Peeps! How Cold is it up your way?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stay Warm Peeps! How Cold is it up your way?
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
I know it's colder in many parts than in Nashville today, but we are suppose to have a high of 20 or so. That's pretty cold for here. Many schools are closed due to cold weather today. But hey... suppose to be 70 by the weekend, lol.

SL...

Posts: 2107 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
-22f this morning. Supposed to be colder tomorrow morning. Need to get on the tractor and blow the lane clear. Brrrr!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
20 in central NC this morning

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wind wasn't too bad, and it only took about 30 minutes. Lane is clear!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Man I fell bad for all you cold and frozen racers out in the east and northeast. We down in the southwest have had a great time racing the last 2 weeks, nice 73 degrees is perfect.
This weekend coming up we will have a two day race in Tucson with a barbeque on Saturday night!! Sure wish you all could come and join us....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Man I fell bad for all you cold and frozen racers out in the east and northeast. We down in the southwest have had a great time racing the last 2 weeks, nice 73 degrees is perfect.
This weekend coming up we will have a two day race in Tucson with a barbeque on Saturday night!! Sure wish you all could come and join us....

But, in the middle of summer, you guys are a cookin. I can dress for the cold.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Now days we are done racing by the end May, so after that we spend plenty of time drinking beer in to pool to keep cool ... we then start up the second week of September.... plenty of time to have fun in the summer sun....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
The high today reached 1º.....with -26º wind chill.....and a white out..... all while I changed a flat tire on a front end loader at the salt barn. Not a great day Frown

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
-28 This morning with a wind chill of -50.Supposed to be mid 40’s here on Sunday.

Posts: 60 | Location: div5 | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
4 degrees this morning then up to mid 30`s. Mid 50 `s this weekend and we`ll be trying to ice race. Doesn`t sound right....

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be -33f by morning here. Wind chill....-43f or so.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Here in United States of Texas it is down to 50* but it is only supposed to get up to 55* today.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
It was a warm 8* this morning in Southern Maryland.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Northwestern NJ.....

-5 at my house
-7 at co workers house

Truck doors decide not to open after stopping for coffee....
Open window and managed to get out....

If this is what it's like living in Alaska.....forgetaboutit….

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yep, everything bad here in California.....
except the weather!!!!!!

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
6* Here this morning

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Here in United States of Texas it is down to 50* but it is only supposed to get up to 55* today.

NO PLACE LIKE TEXAS!! Cool

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hit -4 Thursday morning, wind chill about -20. For anyone who dismisses wind chill, come stand in downtown Pittsburgh and wait for a bus. It will cut right through you, regardless of number of layers you have on. Sun is out and hitting 40 today, 50s for a few days, and my boiler (and my wallet) is happy about that.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
70 in Roswell today,should be getting ready for Phoenix but to damn sick It's so Hot

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Supposed to hit near 70 here in central NC today. Piedmont is open for testing Smile

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post