Find
Notify
Tools

RON LEEK RIP
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
One of the bracket racing founders.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. I loved racing at Byron and listening to him on the mic.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace Ron. I always enjoyed your announcing.

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Godspeed Ron..rip

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thats a darn shame right there, RIP

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Godspeed Ron

Posts: 842 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I had heard his health had taken a turn. He was always very respectful and decent to talk to. Well, he was a bit heated when we scattered an engine and it's contents on his track 15 or more years ago. We did pull to the side after gaining control. Smile

Ron and BJ for as long as I have raced there have run a track with maximum effort by the ownership....in addition to the jobs that they have to pay their bills during the week of course. Even just a couple years ago I would see Ron in a pickup grabbing trash barrels. The trend today seems to be tracks with full time staff year round, and all the expense that goes with it. Ron and BJ have avoided that extra expense and have put together a lot of great bracket races, as well as a track that consistently had a great surface to put power down to.

My father in law grew up knowing Ron, and saw how Ron grew up and where he came from. To come from such adversity and humble beginnings, and through effort and will, create the business and race track that he did is inspirational. It is rare to find intestinal fortitude in people today that Ron possessed. God bless you Ron. I miss you already.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
RIP my friend..

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12275 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post