DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    West central Ohio....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West central Ohio....
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Can anyone shed some light on this area of the country. We are looking at possible relocating there from Vegas, mainly for a job opportunity but also getting tired of the rapid growth and Californification of Vegas. The area of Mercer County specifically. Any thoughts are helpful, yes we have already been there and looked around. Rural area full of small towns from what I have seen.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What town/city area are you looking in?

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J69:
What town/city area are you looking in?

Coldwater/Celina/St Marys etc

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Coming to Pomona Al? I/we can ask Mike Hiner, America Ethanol Crew Chief. Pretty sure he’s close to there.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No Barry I am not. Will be in Tucson though. We are just thinking about a change for a few years.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not exactly my stomping grounds but not too far away. Quiet and peaceful as far as I know. The lake gets closed down sometimes due to bacteria. 45 minutes from a shopping mall or big chain restaurants (i consider that a plus).

There’s a really good welder there that put a pan rail back in my Big M one time.

Close enough to kilkare. Not too far from Norwalk.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We go to Country Concert in the Fort Loramie/Minister/New Bremen area once a year. We take the motor home with the motorcycle loaded up. During the day, before the concert, we cruise the small towns in the area on the motorcycle, and it's like a utopia. Each small town has pride in upkeep, school pride, etc. Everything looks in order.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mercer county is probably one of the nicer counties around this area, lots of jobs and several tracks within 2-3hrs. And housing is affordable to what you are used to.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR3377:
Mercer county is probably one of the nicer counties around this area, lots of jobs and several tracks within 2-3hrs. And housing is affordable to what you are used to.

Already have employment done, well wife does at a Hospital in Coldwater but we have to live within 30 minutes of the facility so makes housing a bit harder. But yes the prices are much better especially for something on some land. Finding one would be the obstacle.

Thanks for the replies so far. We were there for a couple days last week looking around. We are both Midwest kids originally, just moved a lot due to the military. This not being told where to live can be challenging for sure.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Can anyone shed some light on this area of the country. We are looking at possible relocating there from Vegas, mainly for a job opportunity but also getting tired of the rapid growth and Californification of Vegas. The area of Mercer County specifically. Any thoughts are helpful, yes we have already been there and looked around. Rural area full of small towns from what I have seen.

It’s cold in the winter, don’t do it

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This ain’t cold! Roll Eyes

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Its 33 and windy in Vegas now Smile We are both Midwest kids not afraid of the cold and might enjoy an off season again Smile

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DRR Trophy
Picture of 69dart
posted Hide Post
That's a little northwest of cbus. Expect a little more winter up there. cbus is one of the fastest growing cities in the country - voted top 5 for quality of life on the I think I heard on the radio the other day.

When looking at homes check the local income tax district https://thefinder.tax.ohio.gov...px?taxType=Municipal.

Some localities fall into RITA which complicates your taxes a bit. Some rural parts have no local income tax. Just something to be aware of.

Lots of HOA's so check the deed restrictions if you want to park a rig at your house.

Fairly close to Norwalk, KilKare, Muncie, Indy so lots of good places to race.

Posts: 27 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the area. We are in Southwest Ohio so a little south of where you're looking but we make it up through there on occasion. Nice rural area but with a lot to do within an hour or twos drive. Muncie, Kil Kare, Edgewater, National Trail, Norwalk and of course Indy. And as a bonus one of the best dirt tracks in the country(Eldora Speedway) is near by. Maybe an hour & a half at the most over to the Ohio State campus for some Football (or in our case ladies softball). Anyway welcome to the area, let us know what you're driving & maybe we'll see you at the races this summer.

Posts: 1 | Location: Springboro Ohio | Registered: January 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
Al, check you PMs

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jerry I did thanks and replied Smile

Thanks for all the info. Looks like its a done deal as my wife will be signing a contract with the hospital today. The negotiations required a bit of back and fourth.

69Dart thanks for the tax info. We are required to live within 30 minutes of the facility so it definitely narrows things down. Buying land and building may be the only way we get what we want but the looking will begin here soon.

David, Thanks for the info it is appreciated. We will not be there til mid summer as this work thing takes some time to get licensed etc. We did drive right by Eldora house looking when we were there a few weeks ago.

Marcus Tullius Cicero