DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Driveshaft storage ideas for trailer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driveshaft storage ideas for trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted
Have a spare driveshaft that I would like to store in the trailer. Tried a 4" PVC pipe and the joints are too big to fit. Anyone have any other ideas?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I used the green thin-wall PVC drain pipe

Posts: 321 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: October 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
cgall,

what diameter?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My spare driveshaft is mounted in my trailer inside one of these:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/e...telescoping-rod-case

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mine is mounted on the top of the fender well.

Posts: 154 | Location: Carthage,TN | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You're right in wanting something to store a spare drive shaft in to protect it. I had a spare driveshaft in my tool box for several years. One winter I decided to swap it for the one I'd been running. It broke in the water box on the first run. (also breaking the case on my fresh transmission). It looked like something had dinged it where one of the joints attach. I got (another) spare made and kept it inside a motorhome cabinet.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Find a place that does packaging for shipping and buy a cardboard tube it will fit in then pack it with packing parapet as if you are gonna ship it then stow it away.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone who replied.

Rob Robertson