DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Electric Junior Dragster?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric Junior Dragster?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ohm my god watt do you do to make them consistent? Can you drive one with shorts?

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
EV is the future of drag racing, maybe not in my career.

Posts: 20 | Location: Kanada | Registered: August 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Jr Dragsters are the most obnoxious sounding racing vehicle ever. I'm for making them ALL electric. Smile

They may be obnoxious sounding but the current version of Jr engines are pretty awesome bits of engineering. Our mild 3.5" engine makes over 40 HP from around 28 CI, that's 1.4 HP/IN from a flathead engine. We've spun our engine 9,500 RPM, launching at 4,500 and spending most of the run well over 8K RPM.

When you realize what they are doing with these engines they become a little less hard on the ears and a little more impressive. Most of the big engines would go into the 6's 1/8 mile if they really wanted to turn it loose.

Outlaw cars are going 4.20s to the 330 with minimum weight restrictions.

One thing I will not argue is out freaking expensive they are, we should not be paying 6k for an engine that makes 50 HP!

Posts: 36 | Location: Bradenton | Registered: August 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And my kid learned to race in a 4 cylinder Pinto that I paid $100 for. And got all the same lessons and didn't have a golf cart that they seem entitled to use in the pits as they please.

I think they are good for the kids but many of the parents tend to go over the top on what they spend. I have seen toters with 4 Jrs in the trailer.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
And my kid learned to race in a 4 cylinder Pinto that I paid $100 for. And got all the same lessons and didn't have a golf cart that they seem entitled to use in the pits as they please.

I think they are good for the kids but many of the parents tend to go over the top on what they spend. I have seen toters with 4 Jrs in the trailer.

We shake our heads at this too Fern.
First, the cost. I don't know what has happened in the last 5 years. But engines have really gone up in price. And at the end of the day, we are limited as to how fast we can go unless q16 or outlaw racing. We don't buy new motors.

Second: Kids on golf carts drive us nuts. It's dangerous and against the rules. AND, what are these kids doing? Our kid is back getting the car ready or helping me with my car.

Toters are another subject. I know guys with 22' trailers pulling with a toter. It's a status thing. Then they have to keep up with the Jones's and get a stacker. And an uber custom golf cart. (I did paint ours finally.) They are driving in 50k lbs of rolling stock to get 400#'s of car to the track. Makes sense. People can spend their money how they like though.

I will say that the youngsters who cut their teeth in jr's and do well there, seem to be really kick a22 when they get into big cars.

Something I noticed when we went to Memphis for the IHRA champions race: There weren't any more toters and stackers there as any other local bracket race.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post