New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot Clock
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For those that think this post was a joke,just imagine if EVERY race took 2 minutes longer to complete.

What if EVERY racer decided that there was no way that they were going to stage first?

Would it then become an issue?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
For those that think this post was a joke,just imagine if EVERY race took 2 minutes longer to complete.

What if EVERY racer decided that there was no way that they were going to stage first?

Well maybe if that happened...All the WHINERS will stay home, and sell their junk...then they don't have to worry about wasting time any more. Look at all the free time you will have then, to worry about other shyt like the check out line moving too slow at wallyworld.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

I was dead serious with my post. I prefer to get sh1t going in life. Some of my favorite racing has been when we were hustling to beat track curfew or lighting issues and it was keeping the fuel jugs in the lanes and my wife fills it while I stay buckled. Separates the men from the boys!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If the track allows staging games then the issue is with the track. Don't support this kind of krap.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Bottom line, the starter needs to take control.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Bottom line, the starter needs to take control.

If they want to play, let them play but went enough is enough,,,the starters have to do their job!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
says the clueless nobody that ain't got shyt nor ever done shyt.

Post your Wallys and your big checks of $5K and more from a bracket race or STFU old man.

WE know you can't because you got NOTHING!

quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
says the clueless nobody that ain't got shyt nor ever done shyt.

Post your Wallys and your big checks of $5K and more from a bracket race or STFU clown with the t!ts.

WE know you can't because you got NOTHING!

https://youtu.be/nBHTtu3BqYA?t=8s

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
^^^^LOL^^^^

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
The starter needs to be in control.

Can't start a shot clock when each gets into the water box. First of all, they may start the crap BEFORE the water box. Second, what happens with a over the line burnout vs. those with front brakes? I can do a burnout in 5 seconds and put my pre stage light on. Is that fair to the dragster? I don't think so..........

If I was the starter I would have a canopy of some sort over me to keep the sun off so I could think straight all day. I would have a stop watch with me and use it for certain people, eventually you know who they all are.

I have friends that take forever between the burnout box and turning on the pre stage. Just their thing. Doesn't bother me, I just wait to do my burnout, and that doesn't bother them.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
These attempts at new rules don't solve anything. There has already been an instance where both drivers refused to even pre-stage. After multiple warnings, they were both subsequently DQ'd. We don't need better rules, just better human beings. The starter and race director have all the discretion they need to deal with these issues on a case-by-case basis.

This

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post