Find
Notify
Tools

RV A/C question
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted
Can the compressor wheel be replaced in the roof ac units? I may have another issue but both units have the compressor wheel wobbling like crazy. It still blows cold air. Something out of balance maybe? It has pretty much sat for the last year minus the occasional start up to make sure everything still works

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
If your talking about your fan being out of balance. More than likely mud dobbers have made a nest on your squirrel cage. Get on top and take cover off and see. Has happened to me a couple of times.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Got up there and didn't see anything unusual. Anything else it could be?

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
Mine was obvious after taking off top ac cover. Can you see your squirrel cage fan after taking off cover. With both doing it after sitting awhile I would think there is something on the fans causing them to be out of balance. Run it with cover off and be on roof and see what you can see.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post