DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Some days it just ain't your day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some days it just ain't your day
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Start out for a job about 45 miles away.Hear noise in drive train.Pull over and find the pinion nut has come loose. Tried moving truck off shoulder and rear locks up. Get yoke ans nut back on and move in 4 wd ,no driveshaft. Clunking noise. SO call tow truck.Get home and get ready to head out for parts and the alt. belt on my 69 panel is broke,which is also only thing turning the water pump.

So now wondering when is luck going to turn,I NEED A WINNING lottery ticket. LMAO also cussing it off too.

Ironic as maybe I have a rearend that came out of this truck when I sheered the right side axle off .Slid against a curb that was hidden below snow in a parking lot when truck just happened to be about 1/2 threw second doughnut. Not my doing of coarse. If luck changed I can just swap whole assembly and axles.Anyone giving odds on it working that way?

Some days its just not your day and today ain't mine!!!!

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Believe me i know. Last year storm comes through and tears 30 shingles off the house along with ripping of the entire skylight. Found it in the neighbors yard. Now mind you it pouring still. Go into the master bath and there is a inch of water.
Insurance is going to love me.

3 weeks later due to the heavy rains. Sump pump goes out. just put in a year and a half earlier.
Home has a concrete crawl and the furnace and hot tank are down there. I only had 5K in pump insurance(Water). clean up alone and pump out was 6500.. Furnace and hot water tank was 12K out of my pocket. So much for racing. Now get this 1.5 months ago the sump went out again. the back up battery was DOA. First flood 4.5 feet of water under the house. Second, a foot. That is what you call a bad day of bed rock. I really don't know if going back to church will help us.. lol

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's time for a couple of truisms? Misery loves company... when it rains it pours... and, if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. Oh, and life's a ***** and then you die! Carry on.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
In case did not come across in OP I am laughing it off(After cussing stops) and figure luck has to switch around and hopefully capitalize on it.

Hey I have another read end to swap parts and pieces and get back on road again.PIA but fixable.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post