Find
Notify
Tools

Sad news
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted
If true, it was announced that Dallas Jones, owner / operator of the famed Beech Bend facility has passed away.
Sad day indeed, Dallas was one of the best.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I've never been to Beech Bend, but that sucks to hear. I have raced at Music City Raceway outside Nashville, and I believe those two tracks worked together on some level. Beech Bend is on my bucket list.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Bowling Green is a really neat track, pits are like being in a park with lots of trees. Place is an sauna in the summer, water grains were 160 when I was there. But again its a really neat track and everyone in that part of the country should go there at least once.
Don't know how much Dallas Jones was involved in the day to day operations and hopefully nothing will change because of his passing.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
I've never been to Beech Bend, but that sucks to hear. I have raced at Music City Raceway outside Nashville, and I believe those two tracks worked together on some level. Beech Bend is on my bucket list.

Sorry to here about Mr. Jones

Beech Bend is on my bucket list also. Below is a thread I started about it.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...5460652/m/3577084996

2BKING Cool

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2516 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RIP Dallas.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post