DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Just Read Tommy Johnson Out Cruz Pedregon still alive @ JSR
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Read Tommy Johnson Out Cruz Pedregon still alive @ JSR
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Just saw on the web for what its worth TJ is out @ JSR and finished 2nd this season all of TJs crew headed over to Cruz camp. Personally I like TJ always have as well as his dad. Spoke to him several times @ races always a class act. Good luck TJ

Posts: 63 | Location: Horse Cave Ky | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What does jsr stand for?

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Both TJ and Beckman lost there funding so I am sure the crews were told by DSR to look for employment else where. Cruz has funding and saw an opportunity to get a quality crew chief and entire crew and did.

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If things keep going at this rate it's going to be hard to find enough quality cars to fill an 8 car field next year.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree Joe, Pro Stock is in the same boat. Now that Harley is out might be less than full fields in Pro Stock Bikes. If it is left at 16 car fields it will be "all run" in the Pros. Beckman, TJ and others will have to get real jobs like the rest of us.....Yikes!

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Larry ........ good catch I stand corrected I should have proof read before posting.

Posts: 63 | Location: Horse Cave Ky | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beckman, TJ and others will have to get real jobs like the rest of us.....Yikes!

Didn't/doesn't TJ have a mail order parts business? With today's drivers having to bring sponsorship with them, most are well connected and driving is just a stop gap career while it last. But some are not.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Beckman worked for Frank Hawley. Before that he was an elevator repairman. Who knows at this point. Not a lot of companies out there looking to give away money to sponsor race teams. I think TJ is in good shape, the racing parts business seems OK.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think TJ is in good shape, the racing parts business seems OK.

Yea,I figure the racing parts business should be okay too,but what is up with this post on Classracer with Jegs?

https://classracer.com/classfo...owthread.php?t=77856

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is a perpetual event for as long as people submit, in a year from now we'll be on this same program. How you figure parts sales are normal is beyond my comprehension!! With 700,000 jobs being destroyed weekly, how do you come to these conclusions?!

Eventually this will catch up with everyone 99.99%, it'll be a camping world literally speaking!!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Maybe the dark messiah will pull the plug on this media, who've declared war on reality.

Save this place.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
This is a perpetual event for as long as people submit, in a year from now we'll be on this same program. How you figure parts sales are normal is beyond my comprehension!! With 700,000 jobs being destroyed weekly, how do you come to these conclusions?!

Eventually this will catch up with everyone 99.99%, it'll be a camping world literally speaking!!

I think the future of drag racing is brighter than ever.

Joe Biden is under pressure to eliminate $50,000 of student debt for each student.

$50,000 can buy A LOT of race parts!

Smile

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:

I think the future of drag racing is brighter than ever.

Joe Biden is under pressure to eliminate $50,000 of student debt for each student.

$50,000 can buy A LOT of race parts!

Smile

They turned these University's into four year summer camps to keep young adults busy because they had offshored their jobs to china!!

Underwater basket weaving degrees. It's a complete freak show!! And people buy it ALL!!

HOOK LINE AND SINKER!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

Another remedy that moves us closer to solving toilet paper shortages?

Not funny, madness!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Both Jack and TJ lost sponsorship at the end of the season however Schumacher has been looking for sponsorship.

Harleys lost the corporate sponsorship but I haven’t read that they weren’t going to run next year

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:

Harleys lost the corporate sponsorship but I haven’t read that they weren’t going to run next year

If NHRA doesn't find a replacement source of money for the HD revenue they lost to sponsor the class, Pro Stock Bike may very well go the way of the PS Truck class.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
How you figure parts sales are normal is beyond my comprehension!! With 700,000 jobs being destroyed weekly, how do you come to these conclusions?!

I can believe that it’s beyond your comprehension, but in the Classracer thread linked above, a Holley employee commented that their companies are having a banner year and orders are way up industry-wide.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
How you figure parts sales are normal is beyond my comprehension!! With 700,000 jobs being destroyed weekly, how do you come to these conclusions?!

I can believe that it’s beyond your comprehension, but in the Classracer thread linked above, a Holley employee commented that their companies are having a banner year and orders are way up industry-wide.

I believe it we gave up on hold with racepak on a issue. Turned out to be a bad cable. Holley is MSD and racepak, they better hire some phone techs.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
On the contingency thing my dad has gotten 1 check from March this year for winning the baby gators 1 out of 11 have paid, I told him when you or I get in a final we will put tape over all the stickers Big Grin

He talked with Jeg Jr and M/T at US131 in June and they both said "covid" was why they were behind paying, yea ok.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post