DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Closest track to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Closest track to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
As the title says, what's the closest track to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN area?

My wife and I are planning a little weekend getaway and I think I might have her talked into going to a local track one night, if there is one. She is a trooper!

Posts: 15 | Location: Union, KY | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not sure on tracks. But riding the chair lift up in Gatlinburg and sitting on the bar deck and having a beer with my wife overlooking the city was really relaxing. There is a Mexican restaurant downtown with a outdoor deck that is nice in the evening as well.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Closest drag strip is English Mountain, but they don't run a regular program. It is more of an outlaw,grudge,street car track. Knoxville is in Maynardville, north of Knoxville. Good track and the 28th they have the South East Gassers which is worth the trip. It's right off of I-75. Cherokee is in Rogersville, regular bracket program usually. If you're coming down I75 London,KY and Clay City are on the way. If you have time Bristol has the Super Chevy show the 28th.
Also plenty of dirt tracks around if you like that.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

We will be there this weekend. London and Clay City are on my radar every weekend, was looking for something new. Knoxville will be closed according to their website. I'll see if I can talk her to into Cherokee - looks like it's about an hour and a half drive.

Posts: 15 | Location: Union, KY | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post