DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    American Drag Racing League
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Drag Racing League
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
This just in.

Remaining ADRL Dates Canceled, Sanction Closed

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ST. LOUIS – The American Drag Racing League announced today the 2022 Extreme Racing Oil & Fuel ADRL Tour Presented by RJS racing is cancelling the remaining dates and the ADRL as a drag racing sanction is being shuttered, effective immediately.

ADRL General Manager Andy Carter recently signed a contract with a new organization, one that doesn't allow working with other drag racing teams or associations. Carter has released the following statement regarding the cancellation of the 2022 season and the closure of the ADRL:

"Regretfully, today we have made the decision to not move forward with the remaining dates of the ADRL's 2022 season.

"I have taken an new role within our industry that comes with a strict no-compete clause. Trying to manage an organization like ADRL is a big endeavor and rebuilding the brand makes it even tougher. Mel Roth, who ran the day-to-day operations. and I have discussed every option out there and between his business, the races he already promotes, and other commitments, it would be impossible for him to continue running the sanction on his own.

"We are truly saddened to have to make this decision. Mel and I both believed in the brand and wanted to be able to rebuild the organization.

"Finally and most importantly, good luck to all the racers; you guys are really what drag racing is all about.

Thanks,

Andy Carter"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Maybe this time they will let the dead die and put 6 feet of dirt on top of it. Andy Carter was still GM of the Texas Motorplex when he went to work for the ADRL as a side gig before Billy Meyer fired him earlier this year. ADRL cancelled 1/2 the races last year too, no money or support. Andy is now working for the NPK promotional group. See how long that last.
BTW Andy is the one who killed the bracket program at the Motorplex about 5 years ago

Posts: 2415 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This is who will lead ihra?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6389 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Maybe this time they will let the dead die and put 6 feet of dirt on top of it. Andy Carter was still GM of the Texas Motorplex when he went to work for the ADRL as a side gig before Billy Meyer fired him earlier this year. ADRL cancelled 1/2 the races last year too, no money or support. Andy is now working for the NPK promotional group. See how long that last.
BTW Andy is the one who killed the bracket program at the Motorplex about 5 years ago

Actually I think killing the bracket program came from over Andy Carter's head but he has not been good for anything around here.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Does this really surprise anyone?

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What’d I say before about the time being right for a new sanctioning body option? We will see

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6389 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Was my first thought

Posts: 35 | Location: midwest | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mack:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Was my first thought

I sure hope NOT!

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I guess I haven't been paying enough. Is this "Andy Carter" about to become the big cheese at IHRA? Larry Jeffers is the new IHRA CEO and President, correct? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
I guess I haven't been paying enough. Is this "Andy Carter" about to become the big cheese at IHRA? Larry Jeffers is the new IHRA CEO and President, correct? Take care. Tom Worthington

I do not think so. I think Andy Carter is in charge of screwing up the NPK deal and I think his contract says he has a No Compete clause so he can not screw up anything else.

So I do not think we have to worry about Andy Carter screwing up IHRA.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
What exactly is NPK?
I assume they are involved with motorsports?

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No Prep Kings Jim.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4483 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Will the Obiden administration count ADRL as a covid death? Confused

Behind closed doors they will, of course, the same as Klaus Schwab and the World Economic Forum will.

https://www.brighteon.com/704a...32-a7dd-1b33b7185138

It's their agenda.... 21

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post