Bracket Talk
ordering extra pistons.

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/9067073396

May 10, 2020, 10:19 AM
wideopen231
ordering extra pistons.
Was talking with a sales rep last week about new pistons for second motor and wanting to step up to more modern design. When I asked about a ten set you would have thought I switched to talking some foreign language.

I have always bought pistons in ten set especially with blower cars. Now not running blower but do have a nitro setup for car and never know when might need another and waiting 4 to 4 weeks is not always possible.

Do you order extra's or just 8 for the build?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
May 10, 2020, 10:56 AM
Alaskaracer
The last two sets I ordered my piston guy looked at me funny because I only wanted 8. He said it would be cheaper to do the 10 than to build a single later on.....Not gonna worry about it this time, but on next freshen, I'm doing 10 since I'll be adding the bottle to the mix.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
May 10, 2020, 12:05 PM
David Covey
Bad thing is, if you later need an extra one or two when you go to order they tell you minimum order of 4..

LOL

I had a screw that holds the stripping come loose in my blower a few years back. Tried to order 2 from Wisco and ended up with 4.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
May 10, 2020, 02:10 PM
wideopen231
I pretty much will not buy if can not get a ten set. Heck I thought it was SOP.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.