DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    ordering extra pistons.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ordering extra pistons.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Was talking with a sales rep last week about new pistons for second motor and wanting to step up to more modern design. When I asked about a ten set you would have thought I switched to talking some foreign language.

I have always bought pistons in ten set especially with blower cars. Now not running blower but do have a nitro setup for car and never know when might need another and waiting 4 to 4 weeks is not always possible.

Do you order extra's or just 8 for the build?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
The last two sets I ordered my piston guy looked at me funny because I only wanted 8. He said it would be cheaper to do the 10 than to build a single later on.....Not gonna worry about it this time, but on next freshen, I'm doing 10 since I'll be adding the bottle to the mix.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Bad thing is, if you later need an extra one or two when you go to order they tell you minimum order of 4..

LOL

I had a screw that holds the stripping come loose in my blower a few years back. Tried to order 2 from Wisco and ended up with 4.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I pretty much will not buy if can not get a ten set. Heck I thought it was SOP.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post