New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Split Thread
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
How would you have voted to split if you were fortunate enough to make the final 15 or 16 of the big payout race?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would think whatever the split the winner would get at least half of the original amount. Then again I probably have plenty of time to think about it.

Posts: 26 | Location: TEXAS...waiting to secede! | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Generally you are voting for what the losers of the upcoming round will get. Each round you are voting for how much you can guarantee you will put in your pocket vs how much you want to race for later, if you're still around.

In the final round the talk is that there was $300K left and they decided to race for $160K/140K. $20K is a pretty spicy meatball to run a single round for and at the same time, $140K is nice guaranteed payday.

What would you have done?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
Generally you are voting for what the losers of the upcoming round will get. Each round you are voting for how much you can guarantee you will put in your pocket vs how much you want to race for later, if you're still around.

In the final round the talk is that there was $300K left and they decided to race for $160K/140K. $20K is a pretty spicy meatball to run a single round for and at the same time, $140K is nice guaranteed payday.

What would you have done?

I did not mean this thread to be negative.If I was ever in the situation,I would want to split too.

If the payout was posted as the split went,would people be turned off because they are racing for less than 1/3 of the posted $525K to the winner?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I would prefer that they just sacrifice the sexy big number on the flyer and split it up, saving everyone from the inevitable. Round money is nice IMO.
The vast majority of folks who say they will never spit, have never been in the situation where they could. I'm not a guy who goes double or nothing enough times that he finally gets nothing.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
With 15 drivers and over $600k in the pot at the 525k they did an OK job of splitting. At least they were “all” able to agree to a split. If one racer decided at that point he was not ready / willing to split, the others could still cut a deal with the person they raced that round.

I definitely would split at 16 or do a % payback with my opponent if the split wasn’t going to take place that round.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Being this was the biggest pay out for the winner in bracket racing history...Shouldn't the winner gotten the biggest pay day ever? Didn't the split at the Vegas Fling give the winner $260K? As I recall.

Winner should have taken $300

So how bad did they beat up the kid being he had the bye at 15? So I hear... But he did win...Karma perhaps

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When you guys get in the big money you can split any way you want.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
Being this was the biggest pay out for the winner in bracket racing history...Shouldn't the winner gotten the biggest pay day ever? Didn't the split at the Vegas Fling give the winner $260K? As I recall.

Winner should have taken $300

So how bad did they beat up the kid being he had the bye at 15? So I hear... But he did win...Karma perhaps

If you had the bye at 15 cars why would you agree on any split at that point, be like taking money out of your own pocket and giving it to others because your a nice guy.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ exactly

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
If you had the bye at 15 cars why would you agree on any split at that point, be like taking money out of your own pocket and giving it to others because your a nice guy.

I'd absolutely do it. You don't know who's pocket the money is coming from yet, and you'll want to be included in whatever happens the following round.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:

That could get ugly if there were 33 cars left.
33 no split
17 no split
9 no split
5 no split
3 no split

unless you could convince the guy with the bye each round to give up some cash.

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'd absolutely do it. You don't know who's pocket the money is coming from yet, and you'll want to be included in whatever happens the following round.

Why wouldn't you be included next round?, there will be 8 cars and no more byes. For there to be a split everyone has to agree.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

yes you do know where the moneys coming from, it's coming from YOUR pocket, because your not going to lose on a bye.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was told it was 200/100 and 50k for semis and rest got moved down. Also the winner was a hired gun so he got less than that. I think the driver walked away with 47k or something like that. car owner got the rest

Stephen Liss jr

Posts: 329 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sr4440:
yes you do know where the moneys coming from, it's coming from YOUR pocket, because your not going to lose on a bye.

Any extra money is coming from the winner's share, and everyone else gains. Your pocket has nothing in it yet that isn't printed on the flyer. Losing at 8 cars gets you what, $3K?

Anyone ever broke their car on a bye run before?

Tony Leonard

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephensx04:
I was told it was 200/100 and 50k for semis and rest got moved down. Also the winner was a hired gun so he got less than that. I think the driver walked away with 47k or something like that. car owner got the rest

This is what's been posted in several places in the last couple of days. Of course it's on the internet so it must be true lol

Final 160/140K
Semi 50K
Quarters 34K
10K at 15 cars

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Big Steve is Accurate on break down

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
why don't all these promoters just split the money up front and advertise a realistic payout? you'd probably get the same amount of cars if not more with people going into this knowing they can get 10k @ 16 cars. I tell people all the time when they say they are racing for 20,50k that they are not racing for that much because it ALWAYS gets split up before the final.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone ever broke their car on a bye run before?

Likely has happened.

That might be why late round bye holder takes the green and backs it out. No burnout either.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post