Find
Notify
Tools

The Split Thread
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
These Big Buck races are always top heavy so they can advertise as "THE BIGGEST" . Maybe they should be advertising total "LARGEST PAYOUT" with realistic payouts. SFG Million race will be the winner here , but what kind of money will be posted for Runner up, Semi, 1/4s and 1/8s. We all know it will be split, plus they could advertise bigger number than just the winners take …..lol

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
The SFG 500 flyer said "$500,000 to win"
The SFG Million posting says "$1,000,000 Guaranteed Payout"

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:
why don't all these promoters just split the money up front and advertise a realistic payout? you'd probably get the same amount of cars if not more with people going into this knowing they can get 10k @ 16 cars. I tell people all the time when they say they are racing for 20,50k that they are not racing for that much because it ALWAYS gets split up before the final.

I guess when you are the promoter you can promote it any way you think best.

Posts: 238 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: October 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ole Goat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
If you had the bye at 15 cars why would you agree on any split at that point, be like taking money out of your own pocket and giving it to others because your a nice guy.

I'd absolutely do it. You don't know who's pocket the money is coming from yet, and you'll want to be included in whatever happens the following round.

I don't think you see the real situation at 15 cars by your post
There were no more buys after the 15 car round
15--- 8---4---2
So the by was guaranteed a deal @ 8 cars
With all that $$$$$ sitting there @ 15 cars the driver with the by was very very generous to make a deal@ that point

Posts: 288 | Location: Whaleyville Va | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ole Goat:
I don't think you see the real situation at 15 cars by your post
There were no more buys after the 15 car round
15--- 8---4---2
So the by was guaranteed a deal @ 8 cars
With all that $$$$$ sitting there @ 15 cars the driver with the by was very very generous to make a deal@ that point

No, I'm just not greedy. It's already been a great day and the weekend would be paid for. I'd go along with what the whole group wanted to do.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
sounds like the only one who really won the 500g was the promoter.
ive got realistic numbers 1.5 mill came in 1 mill went out.
smart guy

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
sounds like the only one who really won the 500g was the promoter.
ive got realistic numbers 1.5 mill came in 1 mill went out.
smart guy

That's the whole deal with all the huge races lately, IMO. If you're gonna pocket 30% of the pie, why not make that pie as large as you can?

Of course, you need to build your reputation with the racers first, and there can be considerable risk. If it was easy then everyone would do it.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There are of course expenses as well. People to help. Advertising. Track rental. There may even be an agreement with the track to split profit. Who knows? Credit card processing fees. Office help to coordinate it. Digging up sponsors for other prizes.
I see what you are saying about the amount of hold back. But in business I always shot for 30% of budget being profit. Seldom hit that. But it's a goal.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with it,im just saying that was a nice take and was after expenses...I even heard he got a piece of the actual winners take because he got in the race for free.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Mayve promoter is like GC on a house.Everyone see's how much money they think he makes and he wish's they where right.

I agree promoter makes out great,but he has all the risk and work in it.Pretty sure noby here would take the risk w/o the reward being pretty good.

I also agree hard to believe guy with bye at 15 agreed at that time. After all after that round split would be bigger and he knows he is in.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I got down to semis 3 cars one time and got the bye and would not split and man some people got mad. Eek

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
I got down to semis 3 cars one time and got the bye and would not split and man some people got mad. Eek

What was your risk? If you couldn't stage your car and take the tree under power you would have lost. I would have driven around the water box, have them throw the tree, and backup.

Now, did the promoter pay 3 spots or 4 for the last three still in? I have seen it happen, that the promoter actually paid out that "empty" spot to the last three cars in since splits were being done. I would bet 99% of the time that money stays in the house though.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
If you want a split then go to Dairy Queen lol

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post