DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    GM Tech. Corvette won't start.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GM Tech. Corvette won't start.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of racerbug
posted
Good Day All. I have a 2006 corvette and the cable broke off at the trans.I put the trans into park I have the shiftier in park but it will not start,all it does is make a clicking sound. I pulled out the shiftier and checked the safety switch and it is good. Is their any other switch in the shiftier or in the trans?

Posts: 11 | Location: Lake Worth Florida | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If it's clicking the problem isn't the park/neutral switch.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bad ground. The engine was grounded through the shifter cable. Shifter cable break, you lost your ground. Replace the shifter cable but find the bad engine ground to avoid a replay. Learned this the hard way twice on a camaro.

Posts: 486 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
There's neutral switch inside that unit but would have to agree with Woody B.
My husband even said clicking is usually a bad ground like Wooley said.

But did you check the battery?

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
What Wooley said I have seen before.

And check the grounds also.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post