DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Gooseneck trailer skin cracking
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gooseneck trailer skin cracking
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that 3M considers the VHB tape to be engineered correctly with nothing but tape. I followed the instructions from 3M to the T. I used all the exact part number abrading and cleaning products. I could not get 3M to give me a paint recommendation, so I just used self etching automotive primer on my steel. My trailer is "partially constrained" due to my top and bottom trim being riveted on through the panels. This is not desirable, but most trailers are this way. Two years and no delaminating yet. I also witnessed a trailer company putting panels on.......no cleaning or abrading, just slap tape on and then the panels.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post