DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Car cover for a dragster with a wing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car cover for a dragster with a wing
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
Whos making dragster covers that fits over one with a wing on the back? HMMMM

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Try California Car Cover. You should be able to find a contact number through Google.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
tried to get a cover from CCC years ago to no avail. Bought my cover from Landshark/Drag Tarp but they are no longer the same company/owner.

https://www.facebook.com/DragTarp-122440825821230/

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Jodie Jent
posted Hide Post
We got ours from Jegs for my 245" Diamond and my sons Mike Bos jr. I looked at them online one week and the following week got a notification they were on sale for half off. Ended up getting mine for 125.50 (normal 250.99) and the jr cover for 65.07 (listed for 141.99 now, so the jr covers have increased)

We plan to have the jr cover modified when we get time to match the full size cover since it has a rear wing also.

No complaints on either of them and I was actually surprised at the quality of both. I would have gladly paid the full price for both after seeing them in person.

Posts: 495 | Location: Owingsville, Ky. | Registered: June 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
1:39 PCT: Just talked with Tyler at California car Cover (800) 423-5525 regarding the cost of a cover for a 280 inch Spitzer with the rear wing, was quoted $464.

Now Available.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Hey ED. Is that cover you have the real thick heavy material like the Jegs cover. I had a friend let me borrow his Jegs cover but that thing is like a 2 person job to get on.

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
tried to get a cover from CCC years ago to no avail. Bought my cover from Landshark/Drag Tarp but they are no longer the same company/owner.

https://www.facebook.com/DragTarp-122440825821230/

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
I need to call this company. Scott on here had a video from a couple years ago of his cars in a monsoon rain @ MIR. I was at the same event so I know how much it rained. I was always curious if the cars were dry when they removed the covers.

quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
1:39 PCT: Just talked with Tyler at California car Cover (800) 423-5525 regarding the cost of a cover for a 280 inch Spitzer with the rear wing, was quoted $464.

Now Available.

Bob

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MorgretNation:
Hey ED. Is that cover you have the real thick heavy material like the Jegs cover. I had a friend let me borrow his Jegs cover but that thing is like a 2 person job to get on.

Yes

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I have a custom made dragtarp for my Camaro and the universal Jegs dragster cover. They seem to be made of the same material. I was surprised how well it fit for the price(about half of what dragtarp was). It is made of heavy material, with straps to go under the car in case of wind. I saw a comment earlier about it being so heavy that it takes two guys to handle it. Well, my wife always puts hers on and removes hers all by herself. And she's only 110 lbs dripping wet!
If I had to buy again, I would buy the Jegs cover. Its been great!

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should start drinking Milk then.

quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:
I have a custom made dragtarp for my Camaro and the universal Jegs dragster cover. They seem to be made of the same material. I was surprised how well it fit for the price(about half of what dragtarp was). It is made of heavy material, with straps to go under the car in case of wind. I saw a comment earlier about it being so heavy that it takes two guys to handle it. Well, my wife always puts hers on and removes hers all by herself. And she's only 110 lbs dripping wet!
If I had to buy again, I would buy the Jegs cover. Its been great!