Notify
Tools

Fire Suit Faded
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of brian hansbury
posted
Any Way To Fix A Sparco Faded Suit

Posts: 16 | Location: east nassau | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Buy a new one...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of brian hansbury
posted Hide Post
Why Didn't I Think Of That WOW

Posts: 16 | Location: east nassau | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Bazinga!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3098 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Bazinga!

Is that an Industry Term?
Big Grin

Posts: 2152 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Brian unfortunately they all seem to fade like that. Mine has been like that since it was a couple years old. I think I take pretty good care of it too. I don't wear it working on the car and I keep it out of the sun when Im not using it. When I sent it back for recert I questioned whether it affected any of the protection capability and they said no. Unfortunately they just look terrible. Most comfortable suit I have ever worn but I would never buy another because of the way it has worn.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
You guys don't like that Sparco brown? Big Grin

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
You could spray it with upholstery paint.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:

That not might be a good idea, it could make it flammable...….

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3098 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately many of the materials fire suits are made of don’t hold dye well. The old PBI wouldn’t Holt it at all which is why those were that natural tan color. Nomex does ok but the darker the color the worse it is. Even the fire gear we wear for work (structural firefighting gear) is the same way, which is why so many departments wear the natural/tan gear. My department wears black gear and it turns yellow/Brown from heat exposure and sun, as far as what I have seen no way to redye it. One of the reasons we went to black gear was it was easy to see damage from fires and take the gear out of service. Most gear and fire suits are a blend (nomex, pbi, Kevlar, carbon x) and depending on the percentages determines how well they hold color (which is why some brands are worse than others).

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Joey Anderson
posted Hide Post
Be sure to wash it with nothing but Woolite Dark. This will help it.

Posts: 37 | Location: Glennville GA | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:

That not might be a good idea, it could make it flammable...….

It might, but it wasn't any sillier than the question asked. I think only the propellant would be flammable, but I'm not a rocket sociologist.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post