DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    New starter flexplate grinding
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New starter flexplate grinding
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
I run the HOP ultimate big dawg 139. and while i ordered a spare drive kit, there's been no need for the extra parts in 3years of use so far! Big Grin You just buy the spare cause murphy's law states it wont fail with the extra parts in the trailer, just at home. Razz

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Michael, I run the same starter in my dragster, you'll need it at some point, I did and now keep 2 spare drives. As I stated, it happens regardless of who builds the starter.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Thats why there's a spare. But HOP stuff been awesome for me so far,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Frizie,

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve run them all an the NEW CSR PLATIUM MAX is best I’ve ever had,..

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
CSR is the worst company, assuming the doors are still open.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dead wrong…based on MY personal last experience KB come changed my oil pan an used a different pan…we didn’t catch that the starter was barely touching the pan n grounded it out…could not figure it out…called Rolland he had it back in two days ZERO charge…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
water pump is garbage, water neck is garbage and starter is garbage too and that's ALL based on MY personal experience. I also ran their turbo400 trans shield too.

99% of those that have run their garbage have long ago replaced them with Meziere products.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
https://csr-performance.com/index.da

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
water pump is garbage, water neck is garbage and starter is garbage too and that's ALL based on MY personal experience. I also ran their turbo400 trans shield too.

99% of those that have run their garbage have long ago replaced them with Meziere products.
My $600 meziere water pump made it two races but I still run them…never had a CSR go out that fast they all give trouble…kind of like rear main seals…lol

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
I feel like every race. Motor I’ve had seeps a little oil at the rear of the pan from that dang seal. Roll Eyes

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
STEFS is the ticket…

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I forgot, their fill neck cap is garbage too. ALL that CSR garbage has been off my car since 2016!

That said, never had a Meziere water pump fail and the one on my Firebird engine was installed in 2009 though the black anodizing sucks.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
never had a problem with any of CSR's water pumps we had. That being said, I really like mezeire's quality and performance so far. Cool

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I forgot, their fill neck cap is garbage too. ALL that CSR garbage has been off my car since 2016!

That said, never had a Meziere water pump fail and the one on my Firebird engine was installed in 2009 though the black anodizing sucks.
Must just be you lol