DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    ZMAX test and tune starting June 8th
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ZMAX test and tune starting June 8th
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
ZMAX is hosting a test and tune for 10 Fridays starting June 8th 2018

They told me that if the turnout is strong, a bracket program would be considered for 2019.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Now the chance for everyone who has gripped about Z max not have anything except big races to show up and show them why they need to run more small deals. Hopping I can get trailer deal worked out and go myself to do some testing on what can be good track.

Hopefully they do little more to it then last time we went for test and tune.When a Jr. dragster blows tires off at starting line,ITS JUNK!

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Only $30.
Gates open at 5pm
Track goes hot at 6pm
Open until 11pm

Must have SA2015 helmet and pass quick tech.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Only $30 for test-n-tune on a track that Jr Dragsters have blowed the tires off previously, what a bargain!!!

Tech inspection... I know a track not too far from there that charges $7 and the only tech is 1) you must have a seat belt, 2) you must have a helmet, and 3) you must be sober, or at least 2 out of the 3

Posts: 13 | Location: Middle Lane | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
and never mind the date on the helmet or belts, as long as they aren't frayed to much

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 235582:
Only $30 for test-n-tune on a track that Jr Dragsters have blowed the tires off previously, what a bargain!!!

Tech inspection... I know a track not too far from there that charges $7 and the only tech is 1) you must have a seat belt, 2) you must have a helmet, and 3) you must be sober, or at least 2 out of the 3

Wow .... Just two out of three, what a deal I can now drink and drive.....hahah

Relaxing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I look at it like this. 30 bucks ain't squat compared to cost to build and run car. The little extra cost will more than likely keep good portion of street guys away and that is nothing but good. Less crap on track and probably more test shot.

I need all I can get! Figuring car out should be pretty simple fixing the old **** in the seat might take more time.LMAO

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 235582:

I've been to that track. Fun place to race.

As far as track prep, I guess we'll find out. I saw a few cars with a little more power, than a junior, get down that track at the past national events I've gone to.

Whats wrong with having another place to play?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Update: I contacted the guy in charge of this test and tune and asked him about track prep. He told me lanes 1&2 will be prepped for street tires and lanes 3&4 will be prepped for slicks.