New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
UPS shipping DO NOT use. They destroyed a package I sent then automatically charged my PayPal account for additional shipping charges

Posts: 11 | Location: bakersfield ca | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
Eh.... if we stopped using every shipping company that screwed up then we wouldn’t ship ****. They have all screwed up stuff for me.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Just a word of advice....make sure you insure all of your high value items that you ship. Well worth the extra couple of bucks

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
UPS shipping DO NOT use.

Smile, we've all had our experiences. My brother is in complete agreement with you regarding UPS. When they earn it, well then they deserve it. But as stated, they've all mucked it up from time to time. Just like you and me.... well at least me. And I'll tell you, you don't hear me standing on top of the mountain saying I could do better. I'm sure it's a daunting task.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I receive a lot of waterpump motors to be repaired and find 99% of the time a package is damaged it is because somebody dropped motor in a box without packing it tight with something so it rattles around inside. If you can shake the box and something moves inside I can guarantee you it will move a lot worse when it gets where it’s going. When I return ship they are packed tight no movement.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I work for a Medical device company out of the bay area Calif. We use Fedex and the majority of my parts are shipped overnight and they do a pretty good job of showing up on time most of the time. Stuff that goes ground is very inconsistent, 4 days would be good and 7 plus would be bad to TX IMO

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I receive a lot of waterpump motors to be repaired and find 99% of the time a package is damaged it is because somebody dropped motor in a box without packing it tight with something so it rattles around inside. If you can shake the box and something moves inside I can guarantee you it will move a lot worse when it gets where it’s going. When I return ship they are packed tight no movement.

You are spot on proper packing of a package goes a long way. A cardboard box loses 25% of its strength once it travels along the conveyor belts and trailers it pass to get to you. And shippers reuse those boxes all the time. and not to mention when packages are loaded in a trailer there is not a bunch of pillows in there therefore proper packing is key

Posts: 35 | Location: right lane | Registered: April 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I had UPS damage the same cylinder head twice. They came in the first time and were set up wrong with one damaged. I sent them back and said clean it up and get them right. When they came back the same head was damaged again. I told Jeff at Brodix I wanted another head and I sent that one back. I needed them to do a few things to my block and I needed my other head and a few other things. I just friggin drove to Mena Arkansas. I now hand deliver my heads to Slick Rick if they need anything done.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just had two crappy UPS experiences back to back. I sent a set of heads and intake from Vegas to Reno area not long ago. The managed to damage all of it. Then I recently sent 9 packages from Vegas to Ohio to myself. They can came back and basically doubled the shipping charges on each package with no explanation. But what ya gonna go. I have had fedex loose packages and USPS break stuff. ROll of the dice it seems sometimes.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
Eh.... if we stopped using every shipping company that screwed up then we wouldn’t ship ****. They have all screwed up stuff for me.

Exactly !! the real b!tch, if you need to, should be how they take care of issues. They ALL screw up once in a while

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Few usp stories.

They delivered my new blower to a neighbor two streets over when we ran TA/FC.Nice 6k present.

In all fairness they did deliver two of the small whipple chargers that where meant for Spider man Larry McBride/ Not there fault. Whipple had addressed it to us. I ran whipple on dragster and dads name being Larry McBride. Actually UPS does not get credit for that. Shame because I was trying to figure out how to mount one on my truck,till they came to retreave them.

The sound of my new FTI tq converter hitting the porch like a rock being thrown, did pi$$ me off.

Then the one time I made a calim for item I did not receive. They said it was delivered and they would not deliver to that address any more..

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...how they take care of issues.

With exceptions,customer service is a joke and will continue to decline with the rest of the nation. "For help go to our website", "for more help see our Q&A". Then throw in automated phone "service" with no option to speak with anyone and you are *****ed!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have the best luck by contacting the sender and complaining. They do have some power/influence on the shipper.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I have the best luck by contacting the sender and complaining. They do have some power/influence on the shipper.

I agree.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I got a good one after waiting a few extra hours for a red label I called and was told delivery done on yesterday. The store closed on Monday and I was told it was signed Joe on Monday . 48 employees not 1 Joe , I checked the cameras , no truck stopped no one came to any door. Had the shipping company sent another one out FED-x and got it. First one came to us Friday damaged ... UPS really stands for useless pieces of Sh*t , that’s why trucks and uniforms are BROWN... haha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My FedEx package that was sent out on February 18 from California sat there for over two weeks so I told them to return to sender so it could be shipped UPS and the dip****s sent it all the way across country a week after I told them that then sat for week before they started returning it. Ups delivered from same place in 5 days.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
The faster the UPS driver runs to the truck, the more messed you package is.

I've met them at the truck before and asked to see the package before they unloaded it.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Now here is a weird one, even for UPS. I placed an order on Amazon Wednesday, shipped from DFW to Las Vegas on Thursday morning to be delivered Friday by 10 pm. Checked status on Thursday, arrived in Ontario Cal Thursday afternoon. Left Ontario Thursday evening ended up in Portland Oregon. Left Portland Friday morning, ended up in Louisville Ky Friday afternoon. It is going to sit there til Monday, got the "sorry your shipment is late" sob story from them, scheduled for delivery to Las Vegas on Tuesday now. Blame it on Covid I guess.

Posts: 296 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It's amazing at the not in the know answers given!!!!

Posts: 44 | Location: East L.A. , CA | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I placed an order for a belt (2 pound package) on March 21. It was shipped from Northern California via the United States Postal Service early the next morning (March 22) to my home in Southern California (less than 420 mile trip). I received tracking information that it would be delivered on March 27 around 9:00 PM.

5 1/2 days (132 hours) to travel 420 miles. Driving time, including taking a lunch break and three potty stops takes less than 9 hours.

Bottom Line: The only thing you might want shipped to you by the US Postal Service is your Mother-In-Law.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post