DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Donald Long on a rant... Try to keep up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Long on a rant... Try to keep up
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Fellas remember with all the questions about Big Money Bracket Race Promoters... Donald Long could be our horse.

I'll just leave this right here

Posts: 2110 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I gave that cat exactly 3 minutes and hung up on him...gold chain and all.....I don't know if this was an important public service message or what, but I doubt he had anything to say that was worth 20 minutes of my time...
But that could just be me.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I gave that cat exactly 3 minutes and hung up on him...gold chain and all.....I don't know if this was an important public service message or what, but I doubt he had anything to say that was worth 20 minutes of my time...
Right

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I can't read lips and that's all a saw was his lips moving--no sound

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thank you for saving those minutes of my life for other things.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^ agreed, I thought I had a trashy vocabulary...this guy is a piece of work.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
yea about 2.5 in and I'm out. Hell I cuss but try to find at least 5 words between the cussing.Plus finish statement before starting another topic. Acts like little wigger if ask me.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
I love to watch his races, But just can't stand to watch his rants.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Duck is like Randy Folk, he is about the racers. Say what you want about him, but the guy knows how to put on some really good racing AND pack the stands. We as bracket racers have to figure out a way to put the fans in the stands.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Duck is like Randy Folk, he is about the racers. Say what you want about him, but the guy knows how to put on some really good racing AND pack the stands. We as bracket racers have to figure out a way to allow your average bracket race to make money for the tracks.

Fixed it for you cuz fans consistently showing up to a regular bracket race is never going to happen. Other sources of money/income are needed.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
DUCK KNOWS HOW TO SAY F U C K ALOT...

Different strokes for different FOLKS...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have to admit that I didn't watch the whole thing.When people are going to make videos such as this,they should do some "basic" editing.It was over 30 seconds wasted before he even said anything.
He did make some point about letting people in the gate instead of lining up 200 or more rigs outside the gate.
That part kind of made sense to me.I always wondered why more tracks don't do this,but a lot probably has to do with insurance.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duck is like Randy Folk, he is about the racers. Say what you want about him, but the guy knows how to put on some really good racing AND pack the stands. We as bracket racers have to figure out a way to put the fans in the stands.

Two different types of racing. His is crash and burn....... Just like stock car racing. Everyone wants to see the bumping/grinding/and crashing. Take all of that away, no one is paying to watch it.

We primarily race for the money. No one wants tow watch us race, we don't crash, well, usually not.......... Wink

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
quote:

Two different types of racing. His is crash and burn....... Just like stock car racing. Everyone wants to see the bumping/grinding/and crashing. Take all of that away, no one is paying to watch it.

We primarily race for the money. No one wants tow watch us race, we don't crash, well, usually not.......... Wink

do not disagree with this at all. Sad part is that bracket racing is very exciting, but most fans do not get to see where all the action takes place.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Most of the younger folks that I know of talk like that. One could draw a conclusion but I won't. There ARE some good talents out there, unfortunately I sometimes think the talent is masked by poor vocabulary.

Learned from a wise person. The words that come out of your mouth are the one of the first things that other people see/hear-and they use them to form a first impression. Take that however you want.

Drama sells, and while I didn't watch the whole thing, he had plenty of drama. Most of us bracket racers don't really relate to the drama but it does fill the seats.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't think he even truly knew what he was trying to talk about. What I do know though is that he was wheezing hard and sounded like he just got done running a marathon from simply talking while sitting in a truck

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:
quote:

Most of the younger folks that I know of talk like that. One could draw a conclusion but I won't. There ARE some good talents out there, unfortunately I sometimes think the talent is masked by poor vocabulary.

Learned from a wise person. The words that come out of your mouth are the one of the first things that other people see/hear-and they use them to form a first impression. Take that however you want.

Drama sells, and while I didn't watch the whole thing, he had plenty of drama. Most of us bracket racers don't really relate to the drama but it does fill the seats.

If you really don't have anything interesting or important to say, it leaves you with swearing if you want people to pay attention. There was a guy that used to race at the track we frequent. We called him MF since that was all he would say. He could weave 3 MF's into a sentence somehow. When the boy was young, and I would see him coming, we would head the kid somewhere else. Eventually, I told MF he just wasn't welcome in our pit because of his language. I don't remember him saying anything noteworthy except MF. Who wants to be remembered that way?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One thing to remember, IF Duck put one of those races on every weekend like a bracket race his stands would be empty too.

Posts: 73 | Location: park forest, il | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Duck can pack a stand because people pay to be at the site of the train wreck. They want to see the big crashes and out of control cars. No critical thought required when you can see the 1st car there wins. Buy a ticket, drink some beer and be ready to Facebook live the big crash. Who cares about time runs, dial-ins, handicaps and breakouts.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post