DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Waiving the IHRA fee?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waiving the IHRA fee?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
To put this into perspective, what is the savings to a track for waiving the fees for one season?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not sure what the tracks pay to the sanctioning body but where does the income come from for the organization if you don't collect fees and memberships? Is it from sponsorship or is Mr. Jeffers going to carry the load himself for the first year?

Posts: 194 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I believe the IHRA is non profit. Since Jeffers makes his money building pro mods, he doesn't need a salary to come from IHRA.

I know Tim McAmis said recently he has a 2 year wait list on pro mod chassis. I assume Jeffers is probably in the same position. So he would theoretically know how much money he has to work with for the next 2 seasons before sponsorship of the IHRA is even considered.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
I believe the IHRA is non profit. Since Jeffers makes his money building pro mods, he doesn't need a salary to come from IHRA.

I know Tim McAmis said recently he has a 2 year wait list on pro mod chassis. I assume Jeffers is probably in the same position. So he would theoretically know how much money he has to work with for the next 2 seasons before sponsorship of the IHRA is even considered.

Not for profit does not mean no expenses and income. Plus, I’m sure he purchased the organization at some cost.
I’m not sure what his business model is or what he is offering.
I don’t have anything against Jeffers. But the team you do or don’t build will define your organization. The exodus doesn’t speak well about his early choices to me.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
NHRA is or was "Not for Profit" and they are one of most money hungry non profit I have ever seen. Nearly as bad as Hillary's Clinton Foundation. They bring in millions and most all of it goes to "Operating expenses and payroll"

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3989 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i wish jeffers would say something. give us his vision, plan, hopes, dreams, screw you, F off.....something, anything as to what his expectations are. saying nothing leaves the door open to speculation and rumors.. none of which are good.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Just speculation that what they're doing is trying to keep all of the tracks they sanction now and not lose any to any other sanctioning bodies. They might pick up a couple of dissatisfied NHRA tracks. I don't know how much sanctioning fee is, I've heard 2k but not sure.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Non Profit just means the organization itself cannot earn money. The salaries and bills are where all of the money goes. Which is why non profit is a huge scam.

That being said my point was Jeffers might not need the sanctioning fees for the first year, because he already has a money plan laid out with his own funding. The previous business model needed them. He might not.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have learned from a reliable source that the waived fee is not a big incentive. It is around $1,500.00 or less per season. I am not discounting the $1,500.00 because that is real money the track saved, but it is not a number on which someone will make a decision over a season.

As posted above, innovative programs and happy racers and happy track owners that is where we need to be. So I suggest we hold onto good thoughts and hope for a good outcome.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Depends on how little exposure the insurance supply's the Drag Strip.

Sanctioned.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Waiving the fee is a gesture of good faith - intention - sincerity.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

And I agree with that.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
quote:

And I agree with that.

It's a pretty astonishing gesture of good faith considering what we've been getting accustomed to of late.

It's right up there with the racer who signaled his opponent to re-stage after being timed out, for 50k.

Hero culture > old school.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I watched a live feed last night, and it seemed like WDRA's main push is their insurance policy they have put together, and saving the tracks overhead/operating costs.

Should help keep tracks open, but when the questions came down to what he was going to do for the racer, there wasn't much there for substance. All in all, as long as tracks stay open for us to race, I guess that's truly what matters, but doesn't seem like much is going to change for us in 2023.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
I watched a live feed last night, and it seemed like WDRA's main push is their insurance policy they have put together, and saving the tracks overhead/operating costs.

Should help keep tracks open, but when the questions came down to what he was going to do for the racer, there wasn't much there for substance. All in all, as long as tracks stay open for us to race, I guess that's truly what matters, but doesn't seem like much is going to change for us in 2023.

"Depends on how little exposure the insurance supply's the Drag Strip.

Sanctioned".

What do you want door prizes?

Change is up to the racer, like for instance being more productive - winning more.