DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    When your class is called, do you...........
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When your class is called, do you...........
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Swearingen
posted Hide Post
I always try to be first! I crank the car when I hear the S in Super Street or Super Pro and head to staging. Traction is hardly ever an issue with my combination and having nearly twenty years of running the same car, I should know what to expect it to do.

Posts: 27 | Location: Reynolds, GA | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy that has a pretty nice car that is all steel with roll down windows. He rolls his windows down and sits in his car to wait for the call. Needs to get a radio in there.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
When they call my class or run color I check my hand held weather station and sometimes my log book, check the rear tires for enough air and head out. I almost always take the shortest line in first round in staging lanes. If I know the majority of the field is going Left, I’ll go Right. Then I’ll stay in that lane. Initial lane choice isn’t a priority for me.

This is what I do. This drill usually puts me in the middle of the pack.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
it's different every time they call us up.

One time, I'm first in line. Next time last. Sometimes in the middle somewhere.

depends on a lot of things. Who's there, who's in the front, who's in the back what mood I'm in, am I ready is the car cooled/ready and a bunch of other stuff.

I like to be unpredictable.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ole Goat
posted Hide Post
Time runs -- I like to take my time & run near the end - reason being if they have a delay for what ever reason your run is closest to 1st round eliminations but for 1st round eliminations I like to be in the 1st lane in the middle

Posts: 288 | Location: Whaleyville Va | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Same as old goat ^ I make the last time shot close to the end of the pack, then one of the first up every round until the ladder if they use a ladder. I don't know why I do it that way,but that's how I have always done it.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
When I am bracket racing and there is a lot of cars I like to take first time trial near front of pack and second one near back of pack in my class. Then during eliminations I usually get there soon after they call us. Not a big deal though where I am in the pack or who I race.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post