DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone feel an earthquake inNC this morning ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone feel an earthquake inNC this morning ?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted
My apt building “settled” for about 5 seconds, right after 8 am, in Raleigh area. News showed a 5.1 centered near Sparta, close to NC/VA border.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We are up here near Sparta and felt a little wiggle. Didn't know what it was till the news came on......Glad I was on Chimney Rock 2 days ago.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
5.1 is not an earthquake in California its a car bumping the curb when parking.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
5.1 is not an earthquake in California its a car bumping the curb when parking.[/QUO

After Loma Prieta.... Blue Man
Nothing compares..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
yes I did. Actually just sat down at computer and had some stuff rattle and floor had a shaking. Nothing big but enough to feel.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I didn't notice anything but the dog went ape shyt.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes Neil, you are here I am here and we felt very little---BUT---it was felt in Atlanta and Raleigh ??????

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
85 earthquakes from midnight to 8:30 am that day.Well though out the world anyway. Or so thats what a friend said he found on internet.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Felt it in SC. I happened to be sitting still drinking my coffee. I knew what it was. Felt strange. About 7:45 am.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post