Tools

T/D Car Counts
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of TD5023
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian McHattie:
I read it, and sorry if my post took aim at one person, it was more of a blanket rant. I am slowly, season by season increasing, or should I say decreasing, my ET's. Just fed up with the condescending nature of some.

Thanks for clarifying your post, again, sorry to have taken aim at one individual.

Is that common? Maybe I've gotten lucky with the people I've met, but elitism hasn't been a trend I've picked up on in the races (including D3) in my area. Personally, I couldn't care less how slow the bump is. I just don't want the fields expanding beyond 32. If a "medium" dragster can qualify, more power to him.

Posts: 33 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: April 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
tried watching on the live stream. looked like a sh1t show. why they gave the 3rd hit after having rain and now running on Monday I do not understand that decision. but to each his own.

ep- the slow TD was full of 4.30 to 4.60 cars

So your saying a 6.60/200 MPH 1/4 mile dragster is slow??????? HMMMM

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
I have not noticed any elitism in D4 or D5. I’ve met a ton of great people since moving to T/D, to be honest the group of T/D guys made racing for me fun again so much so that I invested more money to go from 6.60’s to 6.20’s this season. Sorry your experience differs, there are jerks all over unfortunalty.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was there for my first PDRA race and like the PDRA format. I tried to make the elite and couldn't. I was happy to run any class they put me in.

I do agree that they didn't make the best choices on what to run Saturday night. Reminds me of the NHRA race a Cecil this past August which resulted in Monday racing. Weather issues are tough.

They should burn out the next pair quicker etc. That alone would put a lot more runs per hour down the track.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Greg, it was great meeting you!

PDRA rocks, the weather made it a challenge for sure.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
tried watching on the live stream. looked like a sh1t show. why they gave the 3rd hit after having rain and now running on Monday I do not understand that decision. but to each his own.

ep- the slow TD was full of 4.30 to 4.60 cars

So your saying a 6.60/200 MPH 1/4 mile dragster is slow??????? HMMMM

no I am not TOP. I think anything faster than my 4.80 car is fast. nor did I call them medium dragsters. 6.60 is fast sir.

ep

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pauley,

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I went to gallot in the spring to run bracket bash. they lost one whole day to rain, I am assuming we get up next day and it will be first round since everyone had gotten 2 hits. they did the same thing and gave everyone a 3rd hit which put them a half a day behind on Sunday.

I like pdra it just seems as if it could be run a little faster as others have mentioned.

ep- I will say they are the place for TS and TD

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
As Nemo said, making the switch to TD has made racing fun again for me. I love both the speed and the challenge at this level, everyone from the racers to the NHRA officials have nothing but nice to me and very helpful and I'm having a great time and looking forward to my first full season next year.
I like many other TD racers around here would love to race the PDRA but until they come back to the TX Oklahoma area its just not in the cards for us.

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ive always said one of the great things about drag racing is that there is a place for just about everyone to play. If the million is your thing that is great. I love high dollar bracket racing also. However in the last few years I have come to enjoy Top Dragster racing even more. I like the challenge of building a car that can qualify but also be consistent enough to race with.

As for what is fast? I think its all perspective I remember going to bracket races with my dad when he was running 8.40s and chasing every round. At that time that was fast.

I for one like the 32 car qualified field. I have had my DNQs and its all part of the deal. I personally took last year off to invest so I can come out next year hopefully fast enough to qualify anywhere I want to go. That was my choice. Not saying thats what everyone can or should do.

I have trouble with the whole elitist comment when I hear racers with toter homes that cost more than my entire operation tell me that TD is out of reach. Not that there is anything wrong with that but its just not where I choose to spend my racing budget. Ill take my 28ft tag along and my 3/4 ton pickup and invest the money in my car. Again just the way I choose to do it.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
BJ

How's things going with your new motor? Your dad has given me a few updates but haven't seen him in a while. Will you make it out next year?

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
How's things going with your new motor? Your dad has given me a few updates but haven't seen him in a while. Will you make it out next year?

Hey Al

Its coming along. I have the head unit, brackets fuel system etc. Just working on getting some motor parts together. The plan is to hopefully test and be out for the start of the season.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MasRacing:

I have trouble with the whole elitist comment when I hear racers with toter homes that cost more than my entire operation tell me that TD is out of reach. Not that there is anything wrong with that but its just not where I choose to spend my racing budget. Ill take my 28ft tag along and my 3/4 ton pickup and invest the money in my car. Again just the way I choose to do it.

As I sit in my tag traier towed by PU truck parked between 2 Totorhomes with stackers here at the D4 race in Noble Ok I couldnt agree more. My car will qualify in the top 16 at any NHRA TD race in the country, thats wheremy money is invested.

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
At least I have a gooseneck!

Falling of chair laughing

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":

I love my tag and dually...although your gooseneck is setup very nicely....lol

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted Hide Post
I think adding an injected Nitro to the class might make it more fun !!!

Posts: 64 | Location: shelton ct | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian McHattie:
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":

I love my tag and dually...although your gooseneck is setup very nicely....lol

Thanks Brian

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2