Find
Notify
Tools

T/D Car Counts
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted
So this weekend the PDRA race in Virginia has 61 cars and the D2 NHRA race in Rockingham has 14 cars

Thoughts?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
D2 sucks and PDRA does not.....

I believe there was 31 cars at the D3 race in St Louis but the weather forecast was iffy and only got 1 hit

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Participants speak volumes...600 plus cars at the million in D2 backyard...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Not taking anything away from those participating but I bet about half of those 61 cars at the PDRA are not true Top Dragsters and could not come close to qualifying at an NHRA event, allot of 4.30-4.70 dragsters in the "regular top dragster" class as they call it

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Not taking anything away from those participating but I bet about half of those 61 cars at the PDRA are not true Top Dragsters and could not come close to qualifying at an NHRA event, allot of 4.30-4.70 dragsters in the "regular top dragster" class as they call it

yup. 3.92 bump for TD

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Is that called a Medium Dragster?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4499 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Too bad the track had gone away by the time 1st round came around about 6. About half the T/S and T/D cars couldn't get down......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
tried watching on the live stream. looked like a sh1t show. why they gave the 3rd hit after having rain and now running on Monday I do not understand that decision. but to each his own.

ep- the slow TD was full of 4.30 to 4.60 cars

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You need to post that on track temp post Brian. There needs to be a STD. The dead hook lower HP boys ( not dissin y'all) don’t get it...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4499 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
tried watching on the live stream. looked like a sh1t show. why they gave the 3rd hit after having rain and now running on Monday I do not understand that decision. but to each his own.

ep- the slow TD was full of 4.30 to 4.60 cars

And why did they run 2nd round of bracket bash, slow TD and slow TS before running 1st round of the the Elite TD and TS cars. SMH...

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was one of those 4.30-4.60 cars all season long (4.45 to 4.35) and quite frankly fed up with hearing all you elitist pricks pissing and moaning about it. I was able to qualify for 2 elite16 fields over the course of the season. Now, my gripe is this, you don't want us, or what you so lovingly refer to as "medium dragsters", then regulate us out of your fields, all over the country. Either get all your elitist buddies together, show up, and make it so us "slow" guys can't qualify for any fields, or suck it up buttercup and send it. PDRA was gracious enough to give us "slow" guys a place to race, and it payed dividends. You want to make smartass remarks about not being able to qualify at an NHRA event, well I could have qualified at a number here in div 3 this season, why you ask, because there weren't enough elitists to keep us slow guys out.

To summarize, if you don't like the "slow cars" in your elitist world, bring enough of your buddies to keep us out, or go whine and cry to the sanctioning bodies to regulate us out of your world.

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian McHattie:
I was one of those 4.30-4.60 cars all season long (4.45 to 4.35) and quite frankly fed up with hearing all you elitist pricks pissing and moaning about it. I was able to qualify for 2 elite16 fields over the course of the season. Now, my gripe is this, you don't want us, or what you so lovingly refer to as "medium dragsters", then regulate us out of your fields, all over the country. Either get all your elitist buddies together, show up, and make it so us "slow" guys can't qualify for any fields, or suck it up buttercup and send it. PDRA was gracious enough to give us "slow" guys a place to race, and it payed dividends. You want to make smartass remarks about not being able to qualify at an NHRA event, well I could have qualified at a number here in div 3 this season, why you ask, because there weren't enough elitists to keep us slow guys out.

To summarize, if you don't like the "slow cars" in your elitist world, bring enough of your buddies to keep us out, or go whine and cry to the sanctioning bodies to regulate us out of your world.

Brain, nobody here is poking fun at you or your car or anyone else’s. The Medium thing came up long as a joke for one of the posters on here. I’m pretty sure he was the one who coined the phrase. The post was about car counts at PDRA and why NHRA had less. It’s obvious PDRA has great car counts. None of this is serious and most is just banter. If I.....offended you or anyone else I’ll appologize first. Not my intent.. As for the track temp or prep. That’s another story and another thread..
BTW 4.30- 4.60 is a great ride!

Raceless in California!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
STK 758 BP, why don't you take your overrated " Stock Eliminator" car, which is really just a glorified bracket car, and go pound sand!

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike MacBrair:
STK 758 BP, why don't you take your overrated " Stock Eliminator" car, which is really just a glorified bracket car, and go pound sand!

Now you've hurt my feelings Mike! Overrated yes, glorified...I'll get back to you.

Raceless in California!

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Me being the proud medium dragster that you speak of I must say that my Feeling is hurt,lol. I was at St Louis this weekend but without my car. Giving the air conditions we had there I would say that I could of ran into the 6.20’s or lower. Not very often I see -200 to -800 ft conditions. As far as car count there we actually had 35 cars but with only the one run a few had issues in the lanes and didn’t make a pass. Also given that there was 2 Divisionals,the PDRA Race and the Million all on the same weekend it is no real surprise that the car count suffered at some races. Brian I believe Barry was apologizing to you if you go back and reread what he posted.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I read it, and sorry if my post took aim at one person, it was more of a blanket rant. I am slowly, season by season increasing, or should I say decreasing, my ET's. Just fed up with the condescending nature of some.

Thanks for clarifying your post, again, sorry to have taken aim at one individual.

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I could have ran TD at rockingham with my 4.80 car but have to have a 15 suit and hans just because I have TD on scoop. I am sure that hurts car counts at those races. what is the rule at pdra races regarding suit and hans?

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Why does the PDRA have 2 different TD and TS classes? Seems to me they create an "elitist" class and that mentality by doing that.

Wouldn't it be better to just have 32 car qualified fields and anyone who does not qualify can race the bracket bash if they want....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
I could have ran TD at rockingham with my 4.80 car but have to have a 15 suit and hans just because I have TD on scoop. I am sure that hurts car counts at those races. what is the rule at pdra races regarding suit and hans?

ep

They follow NHRA rules

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why does the PDRA have 2 different TD and TS classes? Seems to me they create an "elitist" class and that mentality by doing that.

Wouldn't it be better to just have 32 car qualified fields and anyone who does not qualify can race the bracket bash if they want....

And this goes for both TS and TD-
I believe the intent is good but execution sucks. Gives the "typical" cars a real race with an equal purse and entice more than just 16 to show up because we know where that takes us.
Format works for certain venues and not others.
48 get to race when 65 show up, problem is when 20 show up- 16 is it.
32 makes sense for most but it would almost be certain that several of the top 8-10 would not run all races with the likelihood of short fields at several events.
keeps the playing field close, 3.80 cars are not coming out to run against 4.90 cars, no matter what kinda BS some will say. Slow guys will criticize endlessly but the truth is 4.50-4.90 is easy, much faster than that and things get more unpredictable. I'll leave it at that, whether anyone likes it not.
The investment is too large to bother unless there is some reasonable goal for the fast guys.
Medium cars run the 32, fast guys run the 16. just sucks that few tracks can support both fields being full.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post